Unable to login in the Shopify App

AlinaKu
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

After each of my attempt to login, it keeps saying that 'Unable to authorize access to the specified shop.'

How can i fix that?

Replies 17 (17)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @AlinaKu

This is Rae from Shopify. Welcome to the Community! 

I'm happy to take a closer look into this, and help make sure you can get logged in to your app correctly. 

Are you using the Shopify mobile app, or the Shopify POS app? Also, which device are you using the app on?

When logging in to either app, it's important to confirm these details: 

• You're using the correct email address that's tied to your Shopify account. 
  • You're entering in the correct password. If you're unsure what your password is, you can reset it by following these steps
  • If you have multiple Shopify accounts, make sure you're also entering in the correct .myshopify.com URL. 

I also recommend updating the app, as well as the software on your device. On an iOS device, you can do this by following these steps, and these steps. Equally, these steps will help update the app on an Android, and the software can be updated by following these steps

If you're still running into troubles, just reply back to me here with a screenshot of the exact error you're receiving. Before sharing this image here though, please make sure all of your sensitive, store-specific details are blocked out of the screenshot to protect your own privacy.  

I look forward to hearing back from you with an update on how this all goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

RemeiGG
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, there!

I'm having the same problem here!

I'm trying to add an app from the store and every time I try it gives me this message in return "Unable to authorize access to the specified shop." I'm doing it on the browser so there isn't anything to update... I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for your help!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @RemeiGG

Thanks for joining this thread, and letting us know about the troubles you're running into. 

To clarify, does this error only appear when you're trying to add an app? When you log in via this link, do you still see the error? 

If so, I recommend clearing your browser cache, or using Chrome Incognito mode to access your Shopify admin and add the app to your account. This will help resolve things if the error is cached on your device. It's also important to make sure you're using a supported browser whenever you access Shopify from your end. 

You mentioned that you're using a browser to view your admin, but can you please confirm which device you're using? Have you tried this out on a mobile device, as well as a desktop, to see if the same error occurs on multiple devices? 

Let me know if the above steps help resolve things on your end! However, if you continue to run into this issue, please reply back to me here with a screenshot of the error you're seeing so I can help look into this further. 

Dxcellent
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I’m receiving the same error when I try to d/load an app. It says unable to authorize access. I’ve tried it on my computer using chrome and edge. I’ve tried incognito mode, cleared my cache. Tried it on my iPhone 11 in safari and in the app. Same. What next?

thnx

Dani

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Dxcellent!

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate you trying all of those troubleshooting steps! 

Does this issue occur when you try to download multiple apps, or just one specific app? If it's happening with one particular app, please let me know which one.  

Additionally, are you the store owner, or are you using a staff account instead? If you're a staff member, this may be related to permissions, where only the store owner has the correct access to download apps. This help document provides more details on this. 

However, if you can please share a screenshot of the exact error you're receiving, I can help look into this further.

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

caramcgee
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Rae,

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 12.51.27 PM.pngI am having the same issue and have tried all of your troubleshooting suggestions. I'm still receiving this error message any time I try to log into the Shopify App Store. I tried logging in through the link you provided in an earlier post and I am able to log in using that one. Just not through the App Store.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you!

Cara

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @caramcgee

I appreciate you reaching out to let me know that you're also running into this error. 

Did you have a chance to check out these details that I previously shared?  

Does this issue occur when you try to download multiple apps, or just one specific app? If it's happening with one particular app, please let me know which one.  

Additionally, are you the store owner, or are you using a staff account instead? If you're a staff member, this may be related to permissions, where only the store owner has the correct access to download apps. This help document provides more details on this. 

Please let me know which app this is happening with, and also if you're the store owner, or using a staff account instead. Once I have this information, I can help look into this further. 

Thanks for your help! 

Jiasi_ren
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I'm also having this issue. and may I ask what is Google ad checklists. It kepts saying I did not complete that, but everything is checked on my end.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Jiasi_ren

Thanks for joining this thread. 

Are you working in the Shopify mobile app, or using another app instead?

Can you also please confirm what you're setting up when you see the error related to Google ad checklists? Are you working on installing the Google channel?

Feel free to reply back to me here with the above details, as well as a screenshot of the error you're seeing. Once I have this, I can help look into this situation further. 

Talk soon! 

Claireyp
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm having the same issue. I enter my correct .myshopify url, get the login screen and login.

After that I am redirected to https://apps.shopify.com/#login

When I click on the Login button, I get the error screen:

Claireyp_0-1622453144237.png

I have tried in Incognito mode and get the same problem.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Claireyp

Thanks for letting me know that you're also experiencing this issue. 

What device are you using when this error pops up? Have you tried using another computer, or a mobile device to test this out instead?

Additionally, are you the store owner or a staff member on the store where you're trying to download this app?

Please keep me posted on the above! 

Manpreetsthiara
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm Store owner i have same problem

Inga2
Visitor
1 0 0

I am unable to login. I keep getting the message unable to authenticate. Trying to work on a clients store. I’ve tried all your suggestions 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Inga2

Thanks for reaching out. 

Are you using a Partner account and creating a development store for your client? Or, are you working on a client's store via your own staff account on that store?

If you're using a staff account, it's important to make sure you have the correct permissions needed to download apps. Check out this help document for more details on this. 

Can you also please provide me with a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing? This will help me determine where this error is coming from. 

I'm happy to help further once I have the above details! 

Fjchrisk
Visitor
2 0 0

I’m getting this error that many others seem to have experienced in the past. 

I am the shop owner.

Janperez
Visitor
1 0 0

were you able to get this issue fixed? I'm having the same problem. 

gl211
Visitor
1 0 0

This message is to Janperez and everyone else here. 

I figured out that I was signed into my Shopify account but I was somehow not registered with a username for the Community section with Apps. Somehow that worked and I got to install me app.