How do I update deprecated webhooks on my online store?

Olaazulsw
Visitor
2 0 9

Hello, 

I received an email today from Shopify  saying: 

At least one of your webhooks have used a deprecated webhook version in the last 30 days. Support for these deprecated webhook versions will be removed on April 1, 2022.Please update the webhooks listed below to API version 2021-07 or later to ensure your webhook-driven workflows are not disrupted. Learn how to update to a newer webhook version here.

Store: Ola Azul Swimwear

Webhook: app/uninstalled
Breaking changes:

• The force_ssl field has been removed from the Shop REST Admin API. View change.

I have not made any changes to my store other than deleting an app, could this be the issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

Replies 13 (13)

Purpletitanium
Tourist
6 0 4

I have received this email also.  I would like to know what I can do besides hiring an expert.

rising_stark
Visitor
2 0 1

I too have received the exact same email. Please let us know if u find a solution.

TGfowler23
Excursionist
25 2 12

Same here! 

What confuses me is that is says app/uninstalled. Does that mean this deprecated webhook was used by an app which was uninstalled in the meantime? If that's the case, that would mean that no action is to be taken by us right?

@rising_stark @Purpletitanium did you guys also have "Webhook: app/uninstalled" or did you have an actual app that was listed there?

@PageFly-Victor I saw that you are a top contributor in this area. Do you maybe have an answer to this?

Thanks!

Founder of Eagle is a Birdie | Passionate about UX & FE Design (am a beginner though)
visit my page eagleisabirdie.com (DM to get pw)
rising_stark
Visitor
2 0 1

Yes only

Webhook: app/uninstalled mentioned

lpdlpd
Tourist
12 1 1

I also got this email. Pretty much right after I had installed two page design apps, including PageFly and LayourHub. I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. 

roche-btbc
Visitor
1 0 0

I've had exactly the same thing happen. It started yesterday - I've received two of these emails. The only change I've made recently was deleting an app.

lpdlpd
Tourist
12 1 1

Interesting, I also deleted a few apps the day before. I was cycling through page design apps and deleting the ones I didn't like. 

Olaazulsw
Visitor
2 0 9

Update: I received this answer from different experts "We are unable to resolve this issue because only the app developer responsible for the respective webhook can modify it. So, kindly request you to contact the app developer" 

I've only uninstalled a translator app, so I'll contact them and see what they say. 

TGfowler23
Excursionist
25 2 12

But that's the thing that makes me so mad about this notification mail: WHICH bloody app are they talking about?!! How can I contact the app developer if I do not even know which one is concerned based on that mail.... I use several apps and do not want to go and contact all of them for this.

Founder of Eagle is a Birdie | Passionate about UX & FE Design (am a beginner though)
visit my page eagleisabirdie.com (DM to get pw)
Narthars
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm in the same boat with this. I received the email after deleting a number of apps and I cant even remember which ones they were...

JBrez
Visitor
1 0 0

@Olaazulsw I have had this same experience to a T...

Received the Shopify App Team email, sent out a job search to developers to find help with fixing, and also fortunately got this same response that you received about contacting the application's developer (although 1 or 2 developers did respond with $300 estimates...sheesh). 

I, too just uninstalled a translator app (amongst other things), so I wonder if maybe this is the root of the issue. Would you kindly let me know what you find out from your chat with them?

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3055

Hi @Olaazulsw 

PageFly also received this update from the Shopify team and we also made an update in our app and this update will be released at the end of this month.

We also contacted Shopify support for this and so that you don't need to uninstall PageFly, this will be updated automatically for your store.

image (7).png

So please do not worry about this. Thank you.

Marketing_Labs
Visitor
1 0 1