Why is there a delay when adding a variant to the Shopify cart?

motar2k
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, I am very new in these apis and more in the shopify theme, I am making a custom application, I am using REST API and php to create the variants and thus have a dynamic price.

Why when adding a variant and adding an item to the cart you have to wait 5-20 seconds for the information to load?

TRANSLATED

motar2k_0-1651199143185.png

Reply 1 (1)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi @motar2k :

1. Why are you using Rest API and not GraphQL

2. How have you hosted your app( fly, Heroku or on your PC for development ).

3. Also how is the cart page constructed and what's its dependency on your app.

4. When you say dynamic pricing for variant do you mean tier discounts if so you shall use Meta data and discount functions from within Shopify rather then using app that involves API with data of pricing on your app data base.

The implementation of tier pricing( if this is what you are targeting ) is pretty tricky and there will be challenges as a beginner to handle this.

Hope our above suggestion helps you architect your solution in a way that results in faster pages.

Thanks!!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing