Way to make certain products only able to be checked out with like products

Travnape
Explorer
49 0 27

I have pre-release preorder items that I do not want people to be able to buy with normal in stock merchandise. Is there a way to make the shopping cart filter so that certain products cannot be added to the cart unless they share a tag or a particular collection, etc?

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2411 454 407

Hey @Travnape.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is very helpful! In order to have this feature on your online store will require the use of a third-party application just like Locksmith or you will need to manually change the coding of the online store. Additionally, you can reach out to a Shopify Expert, if you are interested in hiring an individual to assist you with building this feature for your online store.

With that being said, I think this would be a great feature to include in your business and I will inform our developers of the benefits of allowing merchants to lock certain products from being added to the cart.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Travnape
Explorer
49 0 27

Appreciate the response, but that app seems like overkill for what we're looking for and much too expensive for what we need it for.

Travnape
Explorer
49 0 27

Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm looking for a streamlined solution without a bunch of extra functionality that I'm likely not to use.