Solved

Way to validate customer zip code. Getting orders from areas where we don't ship

Not applicable

We recently moved our grocery store on Shopify but started receiving orders from neighboring city where we can't really send our delivery vans. Is there a functionality in Shopify which would allow customers to validate their zip codes before they enter a site? We are fine with them exploring store. We recently started using Shopify Local delivery feature but that happens during checkout process. Something pre-checkout would be great.

Accepted Solution (1)
AvocadosLab
Shopify Partner
51 4 44

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks @gilg for recommendation. Yes @Anonymous you can definitely give it a try as it perfectly fits your need. We were also featured and won a prize from Shopify for App Dev Challenge. App is perfect companion for Shopify local delivery feature which would definitely help you to reduce your customer support time for cancelling orders from non serviceable areas.

For merchants offering delivery, it can be difficult to determine if a buyer lives in a serviceable area or not. Additionally, if a buyer orders something but they don’t live within the delivery radius, it can cause a lot of support debt for the merchant. With this app, merchants can add zip code / pin code validation as a popup, homepage section or a widget on your other pages (ex. Product page) that asks buyers to enter their zip code and validate that delivery is available in their region. If it isn’t, the app also allows buyers to join a waitlist via email, so they can be notified if the delivery area expands.

App link: https://apps.shopify.com/zip-code-check-waiting-list

Since launch, we received amazing support from all merchants as you can see it through honest reviews. We think this app goes hand in hand if you are using Shopify Local delivery feature. Merchants use this in variety of ways but mainly we have seen heavy usage around customer awareness which does reduce order cancellation friction. App works with zip code formats of any country so merchants from other countries use it to validate pin codes, postal codes or whatever local equivalent of zip code is.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we are more than happy to answer. Attaching some customer reviews here:

This app saved the day, 1 day before launch of our store. It's exactly what you'd want to help manage the exceptions of your customers based on their location and your delivery reach (before they even enter your site), just had to paste the zip codes, design and its' ready to go, very customizable too. Great app

I've been desperately waiting for this app! We do local deliveries of fresh produce in Poland and we deliver exclusively in one city. To prevent customers from other cities from checking out, we use another app, but this app helps me catch those visitors that I don't want to purchase, but let me know their zip code instead, so that I know where I can expand to next!

The app is really great, easy to install and config, the support is friendly and very professional adding new functionalities and upgrades. The app has solved the request of our customer and exceeding expectations like the waitlist, very useful to store finding new opportunity areas and building a very valuable list of potential customers for the store.

I can't say enough about this app. It made me lose less sleep, and in the world of local deliveries -- I don't know why something like this didn't exist before. Highly recommend, great app and great customer service.

f5f1b9e05a318b0869c3898bad681380 (2).jpg

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

gilg
Shopify Partner
31 6 6

hmm. If you want to offer the ability for the customer to check eligible for delivery before checkout, what about an app like https://apps.shopify.com/zip-code-check-waiting-list ? It appears to show in the header with a whitelisted zipcode list.

I make Checkout Promotions on the app store. Native pre & post purchase upsells - used by over 1,800 merchants.
Not applicable

Thanks for recommendation. We came across plenty of apps while looking for such functionality but above stands out the most. We will definitely give it a try.

AvocadosLab
Shopify Partner
51 4 44

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks @gilg for recommendation. Yes @Anonymous you can definitely give it a try as it perfectly fits your need. We were also featured and won a prize from Shopify for App Dev Challenge. App is perfect companion for Shopify local delivery feature which would definitely help you to reduce your customer support time for cancelling orders from non serviceable areas.

For merchants offering delivery, it can be difficult to determine if a buyer lives in a serviceable area or not. Additionally, if a buyer orders something but they don’t live within the delivery radius, it can cause a lot of support debt for the merchant. With this app, merchants can add zip code / pin code validation as a popup, homepage section or a widget on your other pages (ex. Product page) that asks buyers to enter their zip code and validate that delivery is available in their region. If it isn’t, the app also allows buyers to join a waitlist via email, so they can be notified if the delivery area expands.

App link: https://apps.shopify.com/zip-code-check-waiting-list

Since launch, we received amazing support from all merchants as you can see it through honest reviews. We think this app goes hand in hand if you are using Shopify Local delivery feature. Merchants use this in variety of ways but mainly we have seen heavy usage around customer awareness which does reduce order cancellation friction. App works with zip code formats of any country so merchants from other countries use it to validate pin codes, postal codes or whatever local equivalent of zip code is.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we are more than happy to answer. Attaching some customer reviews here:

This app saved the day, 1 day before launch of our store. It's exactly what you'd want to help manage the exceptions of your customers based on their location and your delivery reach (before they even enter your site), just had to paste the zip codes, design and its' ready to go, very customizable too. Great app

I've been desperately waiting for this app! We do local deliveries of fresh produce in Poland and we deliver exclusively in one city. To prevent customers from other cities from checking out, we use another app, but this app helps me catch those visitors that I don't want to purchase, but let me know their zip code instead, so that I know where I can expand to next!

The app is really great, easy to install and config, the support is friendly and very professional adding new functionalities and upgrades. The app has solved the request of our customer and exceeding expectations like the waitlist, very useful to store finding new opportunity areas and building a very valuable list of potential customers for the store.

I can't say enough about this app. It made me lose less sleep, and in the world of local deliveries -- I don't know why something like this didn't exist before. Highly recommend, great app and great customer service.

f5f1b9e05a318b0869c3898bad681380 (2).jpg

AvocadosLab
Shopify Partner
51 4 44

Please ignore my double comment above. Shopify didn't show it immediately so I thought it didn't make it so I wrote it again.

BarbettaDoors
Visitor
1 0 0

Would this also work for instillation areas not just delivery? I am looking to find an app that will allow customers to see if we have product installers within their area.

Anonymous24
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Team,

We use CJ dropshipping app and wanted to understand if your app can help and how?

methoewsdkisr
Visitor
1 0 0

@Anonymous wrote:

We recently moved our grocery store on Shopify but started receiving orders from neighboring city where we can't really send our delivery vans. Is there a functionality in Shopify which would allow customers to validate their zip codes before they enter a site? We are fine with them exploring store. We recently started using Shopify Local delivery feature but that happens during checkout process. Something pre-checkout would be great.

I mostly use Shopify official link:

https://apps.shopify.com/zip-code-check-waiting-list 

to check zip codes detail and area functionality but sometime i also use complete checking of area code from Eighty Reviews.