Solved

What app to add Difficulty Dots to my product pages?

paintertobe
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello, I have seen the "difficulty dots" feature on that Shopify website and am looking to use it for mine. Unfortunately, I cannot find the feature-related app. Can someone here please help me find the app or guide me with the right name of this feature? FYI, the naming "difficulty dots" is written in the page source codes.
Thanks in advance for your help !!
https://www.makemylemonade.com/products/new-patron-de-couture-neel-pdf?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_r... 

paintertobe_0-1624911125870.png

Accepted Solutions (2)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @paintertobe!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your post!

I understand you are looking for a feature that enables you to add a user difficulty rating to your products. I'd be more than happy to help you with a solution today. Currently, there is no option through the native Shopify admin that provides what you are after without implementing custom HTML. As @mkamalkayani mentioned above, it is possible to add custom values to a product using Metafield. So as a workaround I suggest implementing a Metafields app that will deliver this functionality for you!

I have done some digging on the Shopify app store and found two fantastic apps for you to choose from below:

• Metafields Editor | Shopify App Store - Metafield for Shopify allows you to add additional custom data in your Shopify store. Metafields can be used in products, variants, collections, customers, orders, pages, blogs, and articles. This app is one of the first apps available for Metafields.

• Metafields Guru | Shopify App Store - Metafields Guru helps you to create, update and delete metafields for products (variants included), both smart and custom collections, customers, orders (draft orders included), blogs, pages, and the shop directly from the admin panel of your Shopify store.

If you wanted to head down the Custom HTML path, Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after. Click here to find out more about hiring a Shopify Expert.

As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked at ways you can also optimize your product page for increased sales? We have a fantastic blog post here that provides some top tips! Your brand is important everywhere, from social media images to your post-sale emails, but it’s especially important on your product pages.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Cheers

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

Hi @paintertobe 

I can do the theme customisation to achieve the desired result, If you are interested please send me a personal message and we can discuss the details.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

CourtneyMiller
Excursionist
79 1 4

Looks like it's just HTML. Just find a black dot icon/image and add it into the theme code. 

paintertobe
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks !

it is also visible on each product push on the collection page. https://www.makemylemonade.com/collections/patrons 
Do you believe it’ll work as well ?

thank you for your precious help 🙂

mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

Hi,

The dots value depends on the product. This value should be added to the product and then in the theme code it can be displayed with the product at any place.

It is possible to add custom value(such as number of dots in your case) to a product using metafield. Currently, metafields can only be added using an app. However, newer stores OS 2.0 will have the feature to add metafields from the online store.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey, @paintertobe!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your post!

I understand you are looking for a feature that enables you to add a user difficulty rating to your products. I'd be more than happy to help you with a solution today. Currently, there is no option through the native Shopify admin that provides what you are after without implementing custom HTML. As @mkamalkayani mentioned above, it is possible to add custom values to a product using Metafield. So as a workaround I suggest implementing a Metafields app that will deliver this functionality for you!

I have done some digging on the Shopify app store and found two fantastic apps for you to choose from below:

• Metafields Editor | Shopify App Store - Metafield for Shopify allows you to add additional custom data in your Shopify store. Metafields can be used in products, variants, collections, customers, orders, pages, blogs, and articles. This app is one of the first apps available for Metafields.

• Metafields Guru | Shopify App Store - Metafields Guru helps you to create, update and delete metafields for products (variants included), both smart and custom collections, customers, orders (draft orders included), blogs, pages, and the shop directly from the admin panel of your Shopify store.

If you wanted to head down the Custom HTML path, Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after. Click here to find out more about hiring a Shopify Expert.

As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked at ways you can also optimize your product page for increased sales? We have a fantastic blog post here that provides some top tips! Your brand is important everywhere, from social media images to your post-sale emails, but it’s especially important on your product pages.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Cheers

paintertobe
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Moira, thank you so much for this complete answer on the alternatives that are offered to me. I will go check them and implement on my store! 

mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

Hi @paintertobe 

I can do the theme customisation to achieve the desired result, If you are interested please send me a personal message and we can discuss the details.

Thank you

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hi @paintertobe

I'm glad to hear the post was helpful! I'd love to know which option you went with?

All the best,