3 0 0

I want know about pay pal?

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
932 120 150

Hey, @AAAmit!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Shopify Community, you've definitely posted in the right place! I'm more than happy to explain what PayPal is and how it integrates with our platform.

What is PayPal?

PayPal is an online financial service that allows you to pay for items using a secure internet account. You simply add your bank account, credit card, or debit card details and whenever you pay using PayPal, you can choose which of your cards or accounts it pays with. You can also set one to be the default payment method and that will be used unless you choose otherwise.

How does PayPal work with Shopify?

PayPal is one of Shopify’s default payment providers for customer checkout. As soon as you open a store, you're given a PayPal Express Checkout account with the email you used to sign up for your Shopify store. PayPal allows payment through credit cards, bank accounts, buyer credit, or PayPal account balances. Before you can collect payments for orders made with PayPal, you need to set up your PayPal account. You can read more about PayPal account setup below:

Using Shopify Payments and Paypal Express

You're charged transaction fees each time a customer makes a purchase using the PayPal payment method unless you also activate Shopify Payments. With Shopify payments enabled, you aren't charged transaction fees on orders for stores located in most countries.

If you’re using Shopify Payments in your store to accept credit card payments, you will only pay credit card fees (not transaction fees) for each order, depending on your plan (2.4% to 2.9% + 30c).

How do I integrate PayPal Checkout with Shopify?

• Click Settings.

• Click Payments.

• Select PayPal Express Checkout within the PayPal module.

• Click Activate.

• Once directed to a PayPal login page, log in to your PayPal account and click I Give Permission.

• On the PayPal confirmation page, click Go back to Shopify.

You'll find complete information and steps on integrating PayPal with your Shopify store in our online manual below:

Tip: A normal process in owning a business is your partners (including the services you incorporate into your business) managing their risk, however, new entrepreneurs have difficulty navigating their way around these situations. If you find yourself with PayPal holding your funds you have some steps they recommend to follow here. The better you manage your business, the less likely it is you'll encounter difficult situations with your payment gateways. Don't forget that you can eliminate your transaction fees with us by adding Shopify Payments as a gateway (if supported in your country) option for your customers as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog