When will shopify support multi currency app for draft order?

Markus1987
Tourist
3 0 1

Its a huge problem. Please add support for it.

Replies 6 (6)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @Markus1987.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to offer you some further insight into this idea. As of April 2021, If you use Shopify Payments with multiple currencies enabled, you can now create draft order invoices in your customer's local currency. You can reference how to do this in our Creating draft orders guide here. Do you have Shopify payments activated on your shop with multi-currency enabled? If not, or you are in a region where Shopify payments are not available, I can certainly see the desire to have this available in unison with whatever third-party multi-currency app you are utilizing. 

I would love to hear more context into how you currently have multi-currency enabled on your shop, with that information perhaps there are some alternative methods I could share with you moving forward. If not, I would be more than happy to share this great feedback with our developers for future consideration.

Thanks again for your message!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Markus1987
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

Yes you can send the draft in different currency and the complete your purchase mail is in the correct currency.

But there it all stops. When customer click complete your purchase the currency will be changed to the standard currency for the store and the order and invoice will be made not in the currency the draft order was sent to. I discussed a solution with different currency switcher app designers and they all said shopify made it so they can´t fix it by themself. See attached picture of the problem.

You can also find several topics on this forum, here is a few:

https://community.shopify.com/c/international-commerce/will-draft-orders-rest-or-graphql-apis-suppor...

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/multicurrency-not-working-with-manual-payment-me...

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @Markus1987.

What is the currency for your shop set to by default and are you utilizing Shopify Payments? 

Markus1987
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

Yes we have shopify payments and bankdeposit as payment options. Store standard currency is SEK. But we have USD, EUR and a few other currency as options.

www.meloqdevices.com is the site

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @Markus1987.

Thank's for this further piece of context, it certainly helps determine what might be happening here. The reason this draft order you shared was reverted to shop currency is that the buyer used a bank deposit, which isn’t a multi-currency-supported payment option. We are currently investigating this possibility for potential future updates, however, currently, it is not a reality. In that case, we revert the order to the shop currency equivalent amounts to the original amounts in EUR that were shown. If the order was paid with Shopify Payments it would’ve stayed in EUR. That’s a limitation with regular checkouts too, not specific to Draft Order.

As mentioned above, this is a feature we are currently investigating for potential updates in the future. Therefore, I would be happy to submit your additional feedback to our development teams for further consideration of this idea. Thank's again for reaching out and please let us know if you have any further questions! 

Edwin15
2 0 0

Hi Marty, 

Any update on this? It's almost been a year!

It's a major blocker for B2B businesses where customers do not pay $10K+ by credit card.
Multi-currency with bank deposits is a must have, not a nice to have, and required asap for many Shopify B2B users.