Solved

Which app do you recommend for GDPR, Cookie and Privacy policy?

Josephus87
Excursionist
22 1 28

Hi, which app do you recommend to comply with the GDPR, Cookie and Privacy policy regulations?

Accepted Solution (1)
Josephus87
Excursionist
22 1 28

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, in fact, I contacted the support of "GDPR / CCPA + Cookie Management" they told me that I would still need a consultant for the creation of the Privacy Policy page, Terms and conditions, etc. at that point I remain with iubenda, since these apps are paid I thought I could save, while now with iubenda I pay € 20 per year but I knew that we need to update the GDPR and therefore I will pay € 140 per year.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Josephus87

While I don't have direct experience with any GCPR, Cookie and Privacy Policy regulation apps myself, I thought I'd comment on how I look for an app in the App Store.

After I search a key term depending on the feature I'm looking for, in this case I searched "GDPR", I look for the number of reviews, and the star rating. Although the number of reviews doesn't tell us how many times the app's been downloaded, it gives us a good indication. In general, the more reviews, the more downloads. From there, I try to find apps that have 4.7 stars or higher, as a good starting point. After that, I look at the pricing, and features available and cross reference this information with what the business is willing to pay, and the importance of particular features. 

In looking for an app for your business, these would be the top apps I would look at - all have 4.9 star ratings: 

One other app that has a very high amount of reviews, and 4.5 star rating is:

For legal advice, we always recommend seeking advice from legal professionals in your area. This way, you can receive the most current and accurate information possible. Aside from these suggestions, hopefully another Community user with experience with some of these apps can add their thoughts and feedback here! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Josephus87
Excursionist
22 1 28

thank you very much for your answer, in fact what I wanted to know, just install an app to be in compliance? They source the pages etc ...

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for the reply. I'm not able to offer any legal advice, so I can't confirm whether or not those apps will make your store fully compliant with your local laws. I will note that the app descriptions seem to say that they allow you to be fully compliant. For example, in Booster: EU Cookie Bar GDPR, their app description says "to fully comply". Here's a screenshot: 

15-13-2107-10849

If you're unsure, I'd either reach out to the app developer directly to ask some clarifying questions, or seek out legal advice in your area to make sure you're fully compliant with your local laws and regulations. 

Josephus87
Excursionist
22 1 28

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, in fact, I contacted the support of "GDPR / CCPA + Cookie Management" they told me that I would still need a consultant for the creation of the Privacy Policy page, Terms and conditions, etc. at that point I remain with iubenda, since these apps are paid I thought I could save, while now with iubenda I pay € 20 per year but I knew that we need to update the GDPR and therefore I will pay € 140 per year.

Josephus87
Excursionist
22 1 28

Well Booster: EU Cookie Bar GDPR also answered me immediately

"I'm afraid that using this app alone does not guarantee full compliance with GDPR. Our app is designed to pass user consent to Shopify. Each Shopify merchant is responsible for handling its own GDPR obligations."

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Glad you reached out to the apps directly to gather some more context. Good to know that they can't guarantee full compliance, thanks for letting me know, much appreciated. Sounds like you've got an action plan now which is great, but I understand wanting to check in to see if these apps could've worked as an alternative. 

Thanks for the quick reply here and for updating us in the thread. Wish you all the best! 

Josephus87
Excursionist
22 1 28

thanks to you, I gave the answer so that others can understand too, Goodbye!

Pandectes
Shopify Partner
51 1 14

Hello @Josephus87 and @Hilary ,

let me give my two cents on the topic the following based on our experience with our application GDPR Compliance Center (previously named GDPR Cookie Bar +ePrivacy Page).

GDPR and CCPA is not an easy task in a running business on Shopify. We tried on our app to provide the right tools and options to make this work easier for a store but for the one that are using a lot of applications and a lot of script tag on their theme the work is becoming a chaos.

To be compliant is not just to have a banner, is not just to integrate with Shopify's consent api, is not only to have the right privacy policy page & cookies policy page but at the end to get the consent and apply it back to all your cookies/scripts properly. At the same time you need to provide ways for personal data requests (called Data Subject Requests). For sure without a scanner which we use on our app it's very difficult to track all the technologies that your store is using.

Concluding this topic I can say that for the majority of the stores in Shopify our app is working 100% without further actions. For some others more complex setups with tens of apps and services though it needs some configuration and effort by merchant to make it work properly. One-click approaches for large stores cannot be provided and for sure external services like iubenda etc cannot work properly with Shopify. 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a like or marking it as a solution!
Pandectes GDPR Compliance - #1 GDPR app for Shopify merchants.
Pandectes - 100% Free Cookie Scanner.
Free plan available. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.