Why am I being asked if I want to leave facebook when I click a link on my shopify website?

mcau
Visitor
2 0 0

I connected Facebook to my shopify store the day before yesterday so that I can set up a 'shop' on my instagram.

Today I clicked a link in one of my shopify blog posts and got a screen asking me if I want to leave Facebook to follow the link...

Can anyone explain what is going on?

It's concerning and I wonder whether I've made a big error connecting Facebook full stop. 😕

Thanks.

Replies 3 (3)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @mcau!

Welcome to Shopify Community! My name is Olivia and I work here.

Connecting Facebook and Instagram to your Shopify store is such a valuable move for your business. This opens up more avenues for customers to reach your products and ultimately make a purchase, and helps increase exposure tenfold. 

With that said, I absolutely appreciate your concern with the message you’re seeing after you click on the link in your blog post.

In order to get a full picture of the situation and provide some guidance, could you please direct me to the blog post in question? I’d like to try replicating this from my end and make sure I don't miss anything.

Also, if you could please send me a screenshot of your experience, that would be much appreciated.

I look forward to connecting,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mcau
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Olivia, thank you for your response. Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate it. Now when I click the link it says nothing about facebook.

I think I'm just going to remove the whole facebook/instagram/shopify app and links.

Do you have a tutorial on that?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thank you so much for getting back to me with that update, @mcau.

The fact that the issue is no longer occurring leads me to believe it may have been some sort of temporary error. It’s hard to say exactly what happened since we’re unable to replicate it, but I’m glad to hear it was cleared up.

If you no longer want to use the Facebook/Instagram integrations, that is entirely at your discretion. We have a great Youtube video on our Shopify Help Center channel with instructions on how to add and delete sales channels on your Shopify account. I trust this video will guide you through the steps successfully.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog