Why can't I get the Facebook & Instagram app to work on my new shop?

Ditte_2023
Tourist
4 0 2

I want to set up a Meta pixel on my new shop. First, I had trouble downloading the 'Facebook & Instagram' app. However, after 15+ attempts, I managed to download the app from my Shopify mobile app.

Unfortunately, I can't get the app to work. When I press the 'Open Sales Channel' button in the app, nothing happens. After some time, I receive the message that 'www.commercepartnerhub.com took too long to reply.'

Any experience with this problem, or advices on how to fix it?

I has been like this for two days now. I have tried on multiple browsers and to clear cache and cookies.

Replies 8 (8)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 109

Hello, @Ditte_2023!

You did the right steps by starting with local troubleshooting, thanks for sharing that here.

Could you let me know what country your store is based in? There may be a regional restriction, but I can double check this for you.

If possible, please also send me a screenshot of the error you're getting. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ditte_2023
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Lana,

Thanks for your reply. I'm based in Denmark, and there shouldn't be any local restrictions. I know many other shops in Denmark using the app (and pixel).

Ditte_2023
Tourist
4 0 2

The text is in danish but is says 'www.commercepartnerhub.com took too long to reply.'

Skærmbillede 2023-12-06 kl. 15.10.01.png

LineH
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

Did you find a solution to your problem? I am experiencing the same where the Facebook & Instagram app will not open. 

Best

Line

Ditte_2023
Tourist
4 0 2

Hej Line. Udfordringen for mig viste sige at være mit wifi. Det virkede i hvert fald da jeg forsøgte fra mobilnetværk. Håber det også kan virke for dig.

Dbh Ditte

HealthyProfits
Visitor
1 0 0

Having exactly the same issue. The screen is blank when we click on the FB/instagram app. All the other channels open fine (Google etc) .
Is there a solution to this?

UrbanRetro
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having a similar problem. I connected my Shopify and FB/IG App a couple years ago, but I am getting all these messages to update it and "It needs attention", but when I click to see the app to fix anything, a blank page comes up. It's all useless.

The_MustardSeed
Visitor
1 0 0

We are having trouble with this as well. Has this been resolved?