Why can't I find a simple notifications app on Shopify?

DRP996
Excursionist
22 0 5

I am trying to locate a basic notifications app to inform members when they sign in of new things and so on.

I don't want an over complicated app just to do this feature, only the user to see a red warning like in the image below, when you click it a small java box shows the message, they can then discard it.

Any ideas to where I can see this app?

DRP996_1-1632646421481.png

Replies 4 (4)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @DRP996.

Thanks for reaching out and for your screenshot. This is helpful and an interesting question.

I would love to help you dig further into our App Store to find an app that would help! Are you looking to add these notifications to your storefront when customers login to your store, or do you want this to display in your Shopify admin? 

If you could provide us with more details, the community and I can take a deeper look to help!

Talk soon, 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

DRP996
Excursionist
22 0 5

Hi it would be for when members sign in they could see a notice, they can then view that notice.

I want to send them from some kind of admin panel, its just to keep them updates about things

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for the additional details, @DRP996, I’m hearing that you want to show customers who sign into your website a list of notifications. Is that right? Do you run a wholesale store? If you do, then I would recommend adding a page with a list of these updates to your navigation

If that’s not correct, then my other thought is that you are looking to add a notification area to your Shopify admin, so that you can show staff who sign-in what changes or updates were made to the store. Is that correct?

If it is, we don’t have an app that has this feature available. I would be happy to forward this as a suggestion to our developers so that they are aware of how we can improve Shopify for you and all of our merchants. If we move forward with this, it will be added to our changelog or announcements page

Why is this important to add to your Shopify admin? I would love to know so that I can add this to your suggestion.

Chat soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Also try search for annoucements, site announcements, announcements button, messages and similar word combos.

A cheap hack is to make this out of a navigation menu.

For something this specific this is normally a bespoke solution either a custom app, or a theme customization that reads in a page, metafields or external data.

Or a third party service, I think canny.io can be repurposed to do something like this as a bell popup panel.

https://developers.canny.io/install/widget 

See this page and click "Product widget halfway down the pages(see screenshot) https://canny.io/features/product-changelog 

So currently if you want that it will not be a cheap monthly app but something that has to be built to meet your specific business requirements.

To pursue paid solutions contact me a paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with store url&storefront password , this topic&url, and any other details

PaulNewton_0-1632963199721.png

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org