Solved

how to get the theme-app-extensions deep link id

hashcode_io
Shopify Partner
105 3 11

Hi all,
I am using the theme app extension. but  shopify CLI 3.0 there is no any .env file I can find the extension_id 
based on that extension_id my deep link working.

https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/online-store/theme-app-extensions/extensions-framework#deep-linking

any one can help for the deep link with CLI 3.0 !

Shopify Team @ Conversios System
Please confirm its success with a like or marking it as a solution!
Google analytics 4
SST - Server-side tagging solution.
#martech#GA4 #GTM #ownGTM #SST #ServerSideTagging
Accepted Solution (1)
adrmrn
Shopify Partner
6 2 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, if you don't see an env file in your project, there is one workaround how to get UUID you are looking for. BTW are you sure you connected your project with the Shopify dev account? Anyway...

Install the app in the dev store. Go to the theme editor -> select "App embeds" from the left-hand menu -> if you have installed the app and extension correctly, your extension should be listed there. Press the right mouse button over the extension name and choose Inspect from the context menu. In the source code, find the phrase "&app_embed_uuid=xxxxx" - this is your UUID. If you have installed more than one app, make sure you copy the proper UUID of your extension.

Let me know if it works for you. Best!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 302 783

Hi Sanjay,

I'm not 100% sure if you do need the extension_id for setting up a deep link. Is it possible you are looking for the sectionID (the ID of the section to which the app block should be added) which is mentioned in the deep linking docs here? There's also more info on Section data in these docs too

Let me know if this is what you're looking for, if not we'll dig into this a bit more!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

hashcode_io
Shopify Partner
105 3 11

@Liam  Thanks for the your answer . 
As per the DOC all are working fine before the may 2023.

"uuid" I can find in .env with shopify CLI 2.0x but I can see the CLI 2.0x   was sun set 31 May 2023. 

now i am using the CLI 3.0x I can see the any .env file into project folder structure.

npm run shopify app env show

https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/tools/cli/commands#env-show 
 I try with the show --env it was show the naming not any ID or UUID 

can you please help this was high issue facing our app user.

Google analytics 4

hashcode_io
Shopify Partner
105 3 11

@Liam  can you please look into  this issue.  I read CLi 3.0 answer so i am tagging you here @ShopifyDevSup 

Google analytics 4
adrmrn
Shopify Partner
6 2 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, if you don't see an env file in your project, there is one workaround how to get UUID you are looking for. BTW are you sure you connected your project with the Shopify dev account? Anyway...

Install the app in the dev store. Go to the theme editor -> select "App embeds" from the left-hand menu -> if you have installed the app and extension correctly, your extension should be listed there. Press the right mouse button over the extension name and choose Inspect from the context menu. In the source code, find the phrase "&app_embed_uuid=xxxxx" - this is your UUID. If you have installed more than one app, make sure you copy the proper UUID of your extension.

Let me know if it works for you. Best!

hashcode_io
Shopify Partner
105 3 11

@adrmrn   Superb.  I find the UUID thanks lot for the answers.

Google analytics 4
Prabjot
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi, how do we get the UUID of a theme app extension? Not an embedded one