Shopify has detected that "app name" has called the deprecated Embedded App SDK (EASDK)

Solved

Shopify has detected that "app name" has called the deprecated Embedded App SDK (EASDK)

aemzano
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello, I am getting this notification on the app that I am creating.

Shopify has detected that "app name" has called the deprecated Embedded App SDK (EASDK) remoteRedirect method in the last 10 days. This is most likely because it is using an older version of either the shopify_app gem, or @shopify/koa-shopify-auth Node library. Newer versions of these libraries use App Bridge.

Please update this app to use an updated version of the appropriate library:

• shopify_app gemv18.1.2
  • @shopify/koa-shopify-auth Node libraryv5.0.3

If you need assistance, reach out to Partner Support.

I created a node app via shopify cli. Will updating the @Shopify/koa-shopify-auth Node library to v5.0.3 solve this issue immediately? 

Any idea on resolving this is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solution (1)

SeanWilson
Shopify Staff (Retired)
3 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @aemzano. Yes, updating the @shopify/koa-shopify-auth library to 5.0.3 will will solve the issue for you. The caution message in Shopify Partners will disappear when it hasn't detected the EASDK calls for 10 days.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

ProfitLabs
Shopify Partner
146 6 19

+1 I also got the same message, any leads on how to go about it. Same case built the app with Shopify CLI.

Abhinav | Shopify Partner
- If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
- Creator of Sync Inventory - GoGo - Sync Inventory Across Multiple or Single Shopify Store .
- Creator of Profit Bundles - Sell Omni Sales Channel Bundles that you can fulfill yourself or even by a 3PL or Dropshipper.

SeanWilson
Shopify Staff (Retired)
3 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @aemzano. Yes, updating the @shopify/koa-shopify-auth library to 5.0.3 will will solve the issue for you. The caution message in Shopify Partners will disappear when it hasn't detected the EASDK calls for 10 days.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.