1 Discount Code with different % discounts for various products and collections.

happyspaces
Excursionist
21 0 12

Hello,

How can I set a single discount code like "HAPPYSALE" to different collections and products.

Example:

Discount Code: HAPPYSALE

Collection 1: 20% Discount

Collection 2: 15% Discount

Product A: 5% Discount

Product B: 10% Discount

Like when a customer applies this code during the checkout, he would get the discount as per the selected product.

Tried to create different discounts within shopify but it doesn't allows to use the same name.

Replies 53 (53)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @happyspaces,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question. 

It is possible to apply a discount to specific products. This can be done natively within the Shopify admin but only by creating a fixed value or percentage discount. 

Something to note is that if the discount only applies to a specific product or collection then only those items would contribute to the minimum purchase or quantity amounts.

19-06-7npa1-cry4c

Shopify has a helpful guide document going through all of the steps for how to do this which you can find here

You can also get an idea of how it might look when applying a discount code for a particular product in the discount settings below:

16-04-xfphi-lfub1

I hope this helps and answers your question. 

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

happyspaces
Excursionist
21 0 12

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response. But my query is something else.

I need to apply a Single Discount Code with different discount percent...

Example:

Discount Code: HAPPYSALE (1 discount code for all the below)

Collection 1: 20% Discount

Collection 2: 15% Discount

Product A: 5% Discount

Product B: 10% Discount

So whenever a person adds

1. Product A and

2. an item from Collection 2

while checking out he would get 5% for product A and 15% for collection 2 item.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @happyspaces,

Thank you for getting back to me and elaborating a little more about it. 

I looked into this with our higher level support team to see if it was possible to do and it doesn't seem like it is. I can definitely see how this would benefit you and be helpful to your store/ business. Because of that, I will submit this as a feature request to our development team for the future on your behalf. 

Thank you again for asking and providing feedback on this. Feedback like this is invaluable and helps our team understand and know what store owners like yourself are looking for. 

happyspaces
Excursionist
21 0 12

Oh ok! Yes having this feature would be great. 

Meanwhile can you help me with any app, If there is any which can get this working.

I want to add something like this on my store...

Upto 25% OFF* (with having different discount range for different products/collections)

Risa
Shopify Partner
327 16 39

@happyspaces 

You can try Selly to offer multi automatic discount for a specific landing link.

For example: only customers who enter your site via https://youdomain.com/?autodiscount=up25off will get discounts. 

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
happyspaces
Excursionist
21 0 12

Hey @Risa 

Thank you, will have a look at the app. 

Sherri420Way
Visitor
1 0 0
@happyspaces Were you able to find a solution?
happyspaces
Excursionist
21 0 12

Not really

rizemma
Visitor
2 0 1

haven't been able to find an app that does this either, customer support suggest that I hire an "expert" to write the code.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Sounds good @happyspaces

Your best bet regarding the apps is probably to take a look through the Shopify App store and find an app which you feel resonates with you. You can see a list of the discount apps in the app store sorted by most popular first here

uniqdsn
Tourist
5 0 8

This is exactly what we're looking for, especially with Black Friday right around the corner!

---
https://uniqdsn.com
matthewstuart12
Tourist
3 0 7

still waiting for this feature!

Mikeusa
Visitor
2 0 0

Me too.

rizemma
Visitor
2 0 1

I was just trying to figure out how to do this and cannot find an app that could do this for hours. So we would love this feature as well.

Janet_Story
Explorer
59 0 26

The only thing I ever found that would do that would be to create a separate collection for each discount level you want to give (say 10-15-20-25 percent) and manually assign products to those levels using tags. It's a huge pain, though, because then you have to add the correct discount code to each item in all the collections so the buyer knows what to type in - and then delete the codes after the sale was over. It's not worth the time it takes.

Personally I hate discount codes anyway - I'd rather have a way to simply lower the price on a selected collection by a set percentage (or amount) for a specified period of time and then automatically expire, with nothing for the buyer to have to type in. Unfortunately, the only way to do that is with a paid app that costs too much money.

forsake_jbk
Visitor
1 0 0

.....stillll waiting

gdv
Visitor
1 0 0

Still no solution to that?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hey everyone, 

Just an update for you all about this. I have sent all the information for this feature through as a feature request for our team and they are aware. I am unable to give any timeline for it, but I do advise you to keep an eye on the Shopify Changelog for any and all updates to do with Shopify for store owners like yourselves. 

isaacbarel
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

Any updates on this feature?

Best,

Isaac

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @isaacbarel,

There is still no update for this. I'll be sure to keep an eye out and you can also here

Bree_Hafen
Tourist
9 0 6
Still no solution?  If we want to give each collection a unique discount - customers should still be able to shop more that one collection per check out!  Come on shopify!!!
roberto_muzzano
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi!
There's still not solution for this?

rc_4wd
Tourist
5 0 4

Waiting for this feature as well.

matthewstuart12
Tourist
3 0 7

Has there been any update on this?

We would love this feature in our store

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to add an update for this thread. 

Similar to prior update, I am unable to give any timeline for it, but I do advise you to keep an eye on the Shopify Changelog for any and all updates for it. The development team is aware of this thread and the feature request! 

hmms
Visitor
2 0 3

still not fixed in 2023?

Awerbuch1
Excursionist
18 0 4

Try the app AIOD. Even though the main featured discounts here are automatic you can  also set up a code for multiple discount levels depending on product or product collections

annabellejam
Visitor
1 0 1

Have been trying to set this up on my site also. Did you manage to add this feature yet?

shoppwr
Visitor
1 0 3

STILL WAITING FOR THIS FEAUTURE!!!! ANYONE KNOW OF ANY APPS.

dSchraner
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nick, 

Any update on this request? Def could use over here as well. 

KateShore
Tourist
9 0 41

Would love to see this added! Whether it's a code or an automatic discount. I'd like to be able to say "spend $25 get $5 off, spend $50 get $15 off, spend 100 get 35 off " or something like that. Thought I could do it through automatic discounts but it only lets you do one at a time. 

BloomBox
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi Kate-  You are able to do this using the Shopify Script editor. However, I believe it may only be available on the Shopify+ plan. I just ran this promotion over the weekend using scripts. 

SamtheNam
Visitor
1 0 0

can you give more detail as to how you did this with the script editor?

dreus
Tourist
6 0 7

WHYYYYYY has shopify not fixed this issue? 😕

JoelNZ
Excursionist
14 0 13

Hey mate this is sorely needed. Different products will have different margins so different % discount will need applied and we want the customer to enter only one code. Did you ever find a third party app solution to this?

Cheers.

Awerbuch1
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi Happyspaces,

did you ever find a solution to this?

hmms
Visitor
2 0 3

still not fixed in 2023??

tunadawgs
Visitor
2 0 0

this is crazy that this still isn't available.  We need a single discount code that provides various percentages off difference collections.  Please can this be provided.  Surely it's not a hard thing to fix?

jcollins
4 0 0

Crazy that there is still no solution to this. Would really love to see this feature fixed - it's sorely needed.

KauaiCoffee
Tourist
4 0 5

Will Shopify have a fix by 2024 for this?

marissa28
Tourist
4 0 6

Looks like not. but one way you CAN accomplish this, is by setting an AUTOMATIC discount for each collection. Ex: one discount 50% off accessories, another for 30% off clothing and ensure that both of these are set to work with each other. It sucks there isn't a way to have one code with multiple discounts underneath it as seems like it would be an easy fix. but this is how I'm able to accomplish this sale. hope this helps someone! 

Inthebag
Visitor
2 0 2

Wow...over 3 years later and still this feature request hasn't happened. Thanks Shopify for valuing your customers. This is one of a hundred problems with Shopify that should be standard features, but they don't care enough about us to actually do it.

sckevil
Tourist
6 0 1

Yeah. It’s beyond frustrating now. I’ve got notifications on for this post (since 2020) and nothing. I’m pretty sure they have a solution for this, you just have to be on Shopify+ which is too expensive for me now. I wish they would “unlock” this feature for the rest of us - so we can grow into Shopify+ customers. 😉 

jcollins
4 0 0
In case it makes you feel better, this feature isn't available for
Shopify+ either... Rough.
sckevil
Tourist
6 0 1

So strange. I was at a conference and I stopped at the Shopify booth to ask them why this wasn’t available in 2023 - surely as an e-commerce platform they understand that not every product has the same margins?? The technical person in the booth told me it was available for Shopify+ and that I could just upgrade. I said I would be happy to if they’d just comp the difference in subscription prices. We all had a laugh and I walked away without a workable solution. 

Awerbuch1
Excursionist
18 0 4
Not sure why 3 responses since my last post are saying nothing exists.. I
mentioned the app AIOD. Check it out
KauaiCoffee
Tourist
4 0 5

Cool app but it doesn't solve this issue and creates more confustion:

Here is my chat with AIOD:

Can customers use 1 coupon code that will apply different percentage discount to different products or collections?
: yes they can

Can we use both Shopify created coupons and AIOD created coupons?
: we can but only with our app's Discount code box in cart page not in the check out page so user needs to apply discount code in cartpage

Oh that might be confusing as our customers are used to applying it in checkout and redeeming Yotpo loyalty points the checkout too.
is there any future plan to use Shopify's discount field in the checkout for AIOD coupons?
: actually it is shopify limitations so we cant

SHOPIFY THIS IS BACK ON YOU! Such a essential feature. @Shopify can you provide a status update on this?

Bree_Hafen
Tourist
9 0 6

Well that was a lie. We have Shopify+ and there is still no such feature. 

sckevil
Tourist
6 0 1
Wow, that’s really disappointing and a little surprising to hear. I really don’t want to use yet another app for one feature, and a handful of collection discount codes is really confusing for the customer. Shopify, please fix this issue for real in 2024!