2 users on CLI for the same store - issues

Lea_Arq
Shopify Partner
7 1 3

Using CLI, I am noticing it's logging me out of stores if I have to context switch and not saving my Customizer changes from .json file to GitHub, so if I get disconnected I lose a lot of my work. I have 2 questions about this.

1) I believe that it's currently because CLI doesn't support more than 1 developer, from the same partner "account" to be logged in at the same time through Shopify CLI for the same store (e.g. The Partner Account Owner logged into Store A, and The Partner Account Staff member logged into Store A). When Developer B loggs in, it logs me out and I lose all my work in the .json files because The GitHub connection currently doesn't pick up any template changes made in the customize to .json files and you have to use Themekit to download them before they get lost, or immediately push the changes (which I don't want to do as I might want a PR for a code review)

2) When will Shopify be fixing the latter part of this issue, that Development customizer changes arent being pulled into GitHub, all the .json files in the template folder and the locales aren't being watched. This causes us to lose a lot of work if someone logs us out by accident, or we forget to manually download the files.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? If we can only have 1 dev working on a custom project it will kill our timelines and turnaround.

Reply 1 (1)

Lea_Arq
Shopify Partner
7 1 3

Attaching my convo with partner support