301 redirects for shopify running in /folder

pbaddock
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm working with a client on SEO for their website and shopify site and we'd like them to share a domain ie clientdomain.com has wordpress on it and clientdomain.com/shop has shopify.

Have setup a test harness using the approach described here:

https://www.goodtoseo.com/how-to-run-shopify-on-a-subfolder/#:~:text=As%20Shopify%20is%20a%20self,by....

....to see if we could get it working and it seems to be (shop.salesbazooka.com is the test harness setup, runs in the folder (reverse proxy) on salesbazooka.com/shop) - but to get requests to shop.salesbazooka.com landing on on the /shop page we used a javascript redirect to redirect people from shop.salesbazooka.com to salesbazooka.com/shop (in the theme files on shopify).   

While it all seems to work fine, ideally for better SEO would like to use a 301 redirect from shop.salesbazooka.com --> salesbazooka.com/shop and not a javascript redirect.   The challenge I have is that as shop.salesbazooka.com is controlled by shopify - it seems I need to setup the 301 on shopify but can't seem to do so (the redirect functionality available via shopify / API doesn't appear to support it?).   

Does anyone know if this type of 301 is possible to setup on shopify and if so, how to do it.

Replies 5 (5)

SamuelFi
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi

Did you manage to figure this out?

I am looking to do something similar

I'd like to redirect: Primarydomain.com/language to newdomain.com

so that Primarydomain.com/language/product..  would 301 to the matching newdomain.com/product.. 

any help would be appreciated, currently have a full site language duplication that I need to sort out this way..

thanks

Sami

ProfitLabs
Shopify Partner
120 5 15

Hi @pbaddock @SamuelFi 

Please follow the following steps

1) click on navigation under online store

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 2.16.10 PM.png

2) click on view URL redirects

3) Next click on create url redirect

That should setup the redirection for your shopify store.

Abhinav | Shopify Partner
- If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
- Creator of Sync Inventory - GoGo - Sync Inventory Across Multiple or Single Shopify Store .
- Creator of Profit Bundles - Sell Omni Sales Channel Bundles that you can fulfill yourself or even by a 3PL or Dropshipper.
SamuelFi
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi

Thanks for the help

I am looking to redirect entire folder, mydomain.com/redirect-everything-here

and looking for a rule based method where 1 rule would take

mydomain.com/redirect-everything-here

mydomain.com/redirect-everything-here/p1

mydomain.com/redirect-everything-here/p2

mydomain.com/redirect-everything-here/p3

mydomain.com/redirect-everything-here/p4

and redirect them all to

newdomain.com/

newdomain.com//p1

newdomain.com/p2

newdomain.com/p3

newdomain.com/p4

or if thats not possible then I'd like to upload a csv and prepare the rules with excel before hand. I sopke with support and they mentioned some import optin but I dont see anything like that

Would you happen to know if thats possible?

Thanks

Sami

SamuelFi
Tourist
9 0 0

Ah sorry just spotted the csv option

It was a level up from wehre I was looking for it

I ythink I will just use that.

Thanks for your help!!

SamuelFi
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi

Unfortuantely it turns out you can only redirect urls that are 404.

So I cant use the redirect functionality in the backend GUI  (I applied all redirections and the platform simply does not execute them 😕 )

so open for ideas.