400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large nginx Error

400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large nginx Error

OfTheseMountain
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi, 

I recently started receiving a 400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large nginx error message when visiting my site, ofthesemountains.com. Originally, a friend started receiving this message when after trying to click on one of my collection pages (home page was coming up fine). It wasn't happening on my end on my laptop or phone so I thought it was probably an issue with his browser however a few days later mine started doing the same thing. It's weird though because it doesn't happen every single time for either of us. 

I followed the following recommended troubleshooting steps: clearing cookies, cache, browsing history etc., rebooting browser etc. but am still occasionally getting the message. 

So far, the error hasn't popped up when I use an incognito window. 

I know it can't be an issue with just my browser since it is happening to a friend when they're using both chrome & microsoft edge. 

Anyone have any idea what it could be? Also, is there a way to use the "inspect" feature on my site to find what could be causing the issue on the back end? & if so, what do I look for?

Here's a screenshot of what my home page looks like when I'm using an incognito chrome window:

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 3.59.24 PM.png

Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting when I'm using a regular chrome window & not in incognito mode:

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 3.59.09 PM.png

Thanks so much for any help! 

-Alexi 

Replies 3 (3)
OfTheseMountain
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi Ana! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. 

What does toggling my theme mean exactly? 

When I click inspect (the chrome feature) it shows that I have several errors & warnings on my home page in the upper right corner. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 2.57.32 PM.png

I have very little experience with coding so I'm not sure what each of them means. Would anyone be willing to visit my site and check out these errors & warnings and tell me if any of them could potentially be causing the 400 bad request error message? It's ofthesemountains.com. I would appreciate it so so much! 

One that I clicked on says this: 

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 2.54.28 PM.png

When I click the link it brings up this page. 

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 2.54.34 PM.png

I have no clue what it means or if it could be causing the issue. 

A couple of the warnings mention 3rd party cookies being blocked:

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 3.02.26 PM.png

Thanks in advance for any advice!! 

-Alexi 

radpower
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I've started facing the same issue on my site and it's not even launched yet. I'm so worried.. did you find any solution?

OfTheseMountain
Tourist
4 0 3

No 😞