Add additional sections to a specific product page

_frida
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi,

I am using the Dawn theme and I want to add a "Seen on" Multicolumn section to my product pages, containing photos of people wearing my products (jewelry). I managed to add this, but the column looks the same on all the products pages. I want to have a specific column for each product, since my selection of photos is different for each one. Is this possible? 

Frida

Replies 6 (6)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @_frida !

As of right now, Dawn only has a single product page layout. Which means that the layout and sections you set for the default product page will be applied to all the product pages. My best recommendation for your scenario would be to include various products images so that they are relevant to all product pages. 

With that said, I will be passing along this customization request to our developers so it may be considered for future updates for the Dawn theme. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

_frida
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi @Holly 

Thank you for your reply.

I see. This is a possible solution, but then I have to add image text to this new images, so that it shows which influencer wearing it. I can`t figure out how to add image text to product photos, is it possible to do this?

Frida

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

@_frida , if you are using the multicolumn section, you will be able to add a heading or description text beneath every picture you use. If you just want to mention the influencer, you can leave the description blank and just input their name in the heading. 

10-20-37220-66758.png

You mentioned that you want to add image text to product photos. Are you wanting these images to link back to the product itself? If so, you'd only be able to do that through a text link. The mulicolumn section is really for featuring images and information - not specific products.

If I've misunderstood, please let me know.

_frida
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi @Holly 

Adding text to the multicolumn was what I first started to do, but then the same pictures showed on all products. 

No, the images doesn´t have to link anywhere, I just want to mention the influencers instagram name as an image text. But that doesn´t seem possible to do. 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9078 1129 1479

@_frida - hello, if you add section to product page then it will be shared on all the pages which share this template, 

how many products does have this custom page with additional section? if there are few only then I recommend to create new template and use it for the products, this all tasks need to be done manually

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Understood. As I mentioned in a previous response, the Dawn theme only has a single default product page so it is a current limitation to the theme. I would recommend looking back at my post March 10 for my recommendation in this scenario. Please know that I have passed this along to our development team last week in hopes that the customization expands with future updates. 

Cheers!