Solved

Add additional, unique text at bottom collection pages

BoxBaas
5 0 0

Hi all, 

I have a question similar to this one. I would like to have more detailed, unique descriptions on each of my  collection pages for SEO purposes. So a small description at the top, then the products and page switch numbers and then the additional unique text.  I have searched but all answers require changing the liquid files in the theme code. However, I only have .JSON files - no liquid files - so I cannot follow the required steps. 

I'm fairly new to Shopify and a complete coding noob. If someone could let me know how this works in .JSON - or knows an easy to use app to add these text fields - it would be greatly appreciated. My theme is DAWN. Thanks!

Kind regards, 

Niels

Accepted Solution (1)

tim
Shopify Expert
3303 246 1191

This is an accepted solution.

Actually, you may not need a code, since OS2.0 themes support this out of the box.

You can add a new section at the bottom of the collection template (all in Customize) and then make it use dynamic sources for its content.
You'd need to create a new metafield for your collections where you will store this extended description and then use it as dynamic source.

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @BoxBaas ,

It's customization work, for that you need to hire a developer or need a developer help,
to add this feature with custom code.

You can contact (https://www.halothemes.com/contact) for support.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION.

Best regards.

banned
LJG24
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi @BoxBaas

Just wondering if you could shed some more light. I have added some unique copy at the top and bottom of two pages in my store; collections/all and a subsequent page.

I only want the unique text to show on the first page, not those that follow i.e. the collections/all is 1/7 so I want the copy on the first page but not 2-7?

Do you know how I can fix this? currently the copy I want on the 1st pages has been duplicated to all pages?

tim
Shopify Expert
3303 246 1191

This is an accepted solution.

Actually, you may not need a code, since OS2.0 themes support this out of the box.

You can add a new section at the bottom of the collection template (all in Customize) and then make it use dynamic sources for its content.
You'd need to create a new metafield for your collections where you will store this extended description and then use it as dynamic source.

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.
BoxBaas
5 0 0
I will give this a try and see if I can make it work. Thanks!
BoxBaas
5 0 0

Will give this a try and see if I can make it work. Thanks!

BoxBaas
5 0 0

It worked! Thank you so much. Related question: since the text comes from a dynamic source, will this affect SEO? The main reason I want extra text added to the collection pages is for better SEO scores. 

tim
Shopify Expert
3303 246 1191

Absolutely. Search bots know nothing about what's under Shopify bonnet, it only sees the final rendered html which will include your texts, so yes, this should affect SEO.

BoxBaas
5 0 0
Great! Thank you so much👍🏻
Lucasmoors
Tourist
6 0 0

i cant get this to work, can you add a different text per collection?