Add custom text to Shipping Methods at checkout

gbmakedo
3 0 1

I would like to add a line or two of custom text below the Shipping Method selection at checkout. The text is a reminder about VAT for different regions, so all I need is to be able to insert a single line of text. I've tried accessing it through checkout.scss.liquid and customers/order.liquid but had no luck. 

Can anyone help me out?

See attached screenshot below.

Many thanks!

Replies 12 (12)
Ardiane_T
Shopify Staff
197 0 22

Hi there,

My name is Ardiane, a Guru here at Shopify!

The checkout CSS isn't something that can be editable for our Shopify plans due to security reasons.

However, you can add that reminder in your Cart Page instead. :-) I've had a look and can see that you already have that reminder on there but what might ensure that your customers know that it's important is to add an 'Agree to terms and conditions' box into that using this doc to show them that they need to understang that VAT is different for other regions. :-)

While you can't add a custom line of text in the checkout, you can add that T&C checkbox into your cart page. I hope that helps!

- Ardiane

Ardiane | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jeremy13
Tourist
5 0 1

Understand this is an old thread but you anyone is trying to do this trying using this app.  It works well work what we were trying to do.

https://apps.shopify.com/product-warnings 

shanetroach
2 0 2

Is this still the case in 2020?

alexnarwallmask
2 0 1

It looks like the product-warnings app only adds popup in the cart (and before), not during checkout.

I'd very much like to be able to add text during the shipping method step of Shopify Checkout.

Use-cases:

1. For third-party-provided rates, set expectations related to business days. For example, "UPS Next Day Air" doesn't mean "next day" when the order is placed over the weekend! Many consumers, especially those who are used to Amazon, are surprised by this.

2. For general orders, we'd like to set the expectation that orders placed before 3pm in the relevant time zone are shipped same-day, and the rest are shipped next day.

Being able to provide dynamic delivery estimates (eg; "Arrives tomorrow, January 20th" or "Arrives between January 23rd and Feb 3rd") would be preferable in my case, but being able to provide text for third-party shipping options would also work.

nbarrow
2 0 0

I'm going to bump this thread as I too am looking for a solution to showing estimated delivery dates for each ship method. I know it is possible as we use an app called Intuitive Shipping that inserts custom data into the ship method select form.

Lakenb
1 0 3

Hi everyone,

I know this thread is old, but I found a way to add a message under the 'Shipping method' without needing to upgrade. So I'll share it here for others in the future.

So basically, in Shopify settings, you can edit the phrases that are displayed for certain texts, including those on the shipping page.

From your Shopify home, click Settings (bottom left corner) -> Checkout -> Checkout language / Manage checkout language (button) 

This will bring you to a long list of texts that you can update. It's quite long, so you should ⌘f and look for 'shipping method notice'. 

This was empty when I found it, and once I added text here, it showed up on checkout page like a charm.

Lakenb_0-1616971284770.png

Lakenb_1-1616971284729.png

shanetroach
2 0 2
Legend! Bizarre this isn't included in documentation in more places. Thank
you!
faust
2 0 1

I really want and need this to work for me so I can add a note about shipping however this must not work on the theme I'm using (Debut) as that "shipping method notice" is not an option for me in: "Manage checkout language".

Hmmm......

Amanda_Saffer
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Faust, make sure you are clicking the "Checkout & system" tab at the top once you get into the language area!