Solved

Add description drop down in Dawn theme

shopten26
Excursionist
33 0 7

Hi, I was looking at a DAWN example website and I like how there are drop down options for product descriptions. How can I do that on my Dawn theme? It’s not showing an option for it.

Accepted Solutions (2)
DG-CTS
Visitor
2 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

Those are set up using the new "Collapsible tab" block option on the "Products" customization page. You also have to set up metafields, then update each listing to put the content you want within each collapsible tab into a metafield that you assign to that tab.  For things like care instructions or whatever, you can also create one page, put your care instructions in that, then have the collapsible tab display that content.  That's really handy if you want to be able to update once and have it show up on all relevant listings. 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@shopten26 

yes please try and modification code

https://happypoints.io/add-tabs-to-shopify-product-page-without-app-c2-stt-57/

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@shopten26 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

and where do you need?

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@shopten26 

Please share store URL & screenshot what do you want!

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
shopten26
Excursionist
33 0 7

0B11773D-CE5B-4A1C-BBA2-9F26568749C3.png

https://ten-26-shoetique.myshopify.com/admin/themes/126951948496/editor?previewPath=%2Fproducts%2Fjo...

it’s not my live site. But I attached a picture of  what I’m talking bout. How the materials, dimensions, etc are in their own category

shopten26
Excursionist
33 0 7

82C8CEB3-4E0C-47B4-BB6E-45FBA6FDDF3D.png

https://ten-26-shoetique.myshopify.com/admin/themes/126951948496/editor?previewPath=%2Fproducts%2Fjo...

it’s not my live site. But I attached a picture of  what I’m talking bout. How the materials, dimensions, etc are in their own category

DG-CTS
Visitor
2 1 4

Those are set up using the new "Collapsible tab" block option on the "Products" customization page. You also have to set up metafields, then update each listing to put the content you want within each collapsible tab into a metafield that you assign to that tab.  For things like care instructions or whatever, you can also create one page, put your care instructions in that, then have the collapsible tab display that content.  That's really handy if you want to be able to update once and have it show up on all relevant listings. 

Good luck!

shopten26
Excursionist
33 0 7

What exactly are metafields? Would that allow me to put specific words on specific products? 

shopten26
Excursionist
33 0 7

@DG-CTS What exactly are metafields? Would that allow me to put specific words on specific products? 

shopten26
Excursionist
33 0 7

@DG-CTS Hi! could you explain what a metafield is? Will it allow me to put specific things on specific products?

Red1981_
Tourist
12 0 2

Found solution on reddit:

"Go to settings, metafields, create a new product metafield. Then follow the instructions and create your meta field. Make sure the pin icon at the top right is selected.

Now you will see this new fields at the bottom of every product page, you can click and enter the unique data.

Back to the editor delete your plain text, and instead select the icon with the disks and a plus sign. Select from the list the fields you created in the meta field."

THIS WORKS! Mark my reply as "solution".

Nokaya
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi!
I followed your instruction and cant change plain text after metafiles are saved. Снимок экрана 2022-04-22 в 21.44.17.png

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@shopten26 

yes please try and modification code

https://happypoints.io/add-tabs-to-shopify-product-page-without-app-c2-stt-57/