Add "Expected Arrival" date for out of stock products to product page

Anh_Nguyen
Shopify Partner
20 0 4

How would I be able to add the Expected Arrival date when creating a transfer to the product page?

I've been getting a lot of customers asking when the products will be restocked. Please help.

Replies 6 (6)
Christine12
Shopify Staff
177 0 14

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for reaching out!

There is a great app in the Shopify App Store called "Now in Stock" which would allow for you to add expected arrival dates to your upcoming products. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need anything else. We are just a click away :).

Cheers,
Christine 
Shopify Guru

Christine | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Shopify_er
2 0 1

is it possible to do so with code rather than using third party apps?

Angela_Hardiman
Excursionist
40 0 45

Did you ever get an answer on this?  It looks like Shopify just wants you to buy apps.  

Angela_Hardiman
Excursionist
40 0 45

No.  We never received any reply to our request.  It is almost impossible to get customer service.  

MShuttle85
1 0 1

Try adding this to your product page:

Will not available until {{ variant.next_incoming_date | date: "%a, %b %d, %y" }}

Steve_Optix
Excursionist
23 0 12

If this bit of code works then great, but where would you put the code if - like us - you sell clothing and have multiple sizes of a product available on a page?

For example if you put the code on the product page and you have a drop down list with Age 3/4, Age 5/6, Age 7/8. Say Age 3/4 is out of stock with stock incoming, but the others are fully stocked where would it say the Age 3/4 variant's next delivery date?

Cheers