Add simple checkbox to cart for less packaging?

lyndams
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello! 

I've looked through endless tutorials on how to add a checkbox to our cart page that clients can check off if they want less packaging (we offer tissue paper, stickers, and more that some customers may not need). I would need there to be a note in the order page that they opted for less packaging as well. I can't seem to find any apps in the store as well to help with this. 

We are currently using the Dawn theme (shopsogold.com). Any insight would be appreciated! 

Replies 6 (6)

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @lyndams,

Please go to main-cart-items.liquid file and add attribute in form. Refer:

Screenshot.png

Refer code: https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/pages/cart-attribute

Hope it helps!

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
lyndams
Tourist
6 0 1

Worked perfectly, I was originally adding it in cart.liquid with no results! Thank you! 

lyndams
Tourist
6 0 1

I've just tried checking out, however there isn't a note or anywhere on the order page that shows that I clicked to opt out of packaging. What do you recommend?

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @lyndams,

After successful checkout, it will be displayed at the order in Admin. Refer:

Screenshot.png

Hope it is clear to you.

If it helped you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
lyndams
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there! 

Just tried placing another test order with the checkbox and it doesn't appear in the Admin. Please see screenshot. 

The site right now is password protected, user is 'bingbong' and the Bogus gateway is activated if you'd like to test. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 11.51.29 AM.png

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @lyndams,

I tried adding the code to Dawn theme and it works fine. It's hard to help you debug this.

You can try contacting Shopify, they will help you check about it, because everything about the code is correct.

Hope it helps!