Adding a backorder notification for selling out of stock items

Lyra
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm using the Dawn theme and have a few items that are often backordered 1-2 weeks.  I have found where I can select to keep selling them when out of stock, but I would like to add an "Backorder" button on the product page and notify the customer of a 2 week ship time. How can this be done?

Reply 1 (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

I would like to recommend two apps from our Shopify App store that encompasses the Backorder feature you're after -

If an app is not a suitable option for your online store, you can take a look at our Shopify Experts Marketplace and hire a developer who may be able to install this onto your website. You'll be able to filter your search according to your own budget, location, language and rating.

I'd also like to link a couple more resources to help manage orders in the backend. We have a Shopify Blog on Driving More ECommerce Sales with Live Chat as well as How to Save Sales and Solve Customer Problems with Live Chat. Utilising Live Chat Support is a great strategy when receiving a consistent number of orders, it can not only be used for customer support but also to drive leads and sales!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog