Solved

Can I integrate a cart link in my Shopify store?

ericsoho
Explorer
50 0 13

Is there a way I could implement a cart link inside here.Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.54.06 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

This is an accepted solution.

@ericsoho wrote:

Is there a way I could implement a cart link inside here.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.54.06 PM.png

Hi, @ericsoho!

It is technically possible to add a cart link to your main menu, but it isn't necessarily recommended. The Dawn theme already has a cart icon, and it includes a cart popup as well. Here's an example of what the customer experience looks like (from the preview of the Dawn theme in the Shopify Theme Store):

Preview%20Default%20Theme%20-%20Dawn%20Ecommerce%20Website%20Template%202022-03-24%2019-32-38

When a customer clicks "Add to cart", a popup appears in the top right-hand corner to confirm that the item was added. The cart icon also changes to indicate that there are items in the cart.

If you would still like to add a cart link to your menu, you can do so under Online Store > Navigation. Click on the menu you want to add the cart link to, and then click "Add menu item". In the Link field, you'll just need to enter your URL with /cart at the end.

24-41-75504-46341

Is there a specific reason that you're wanting to add a cart link to the menu? I'm curious to hear about it and see if there's anything else I can help with.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ericsoho 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
ericsoho
Explorer
50 0 13

sohoatl.com

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ericsoho 

i have check my AB Testing your need to required to cart at top off the page can you try this

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/base.css ->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

#cart-icon-bubble {display: inline-block;}

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

This is an accepted solution.

@ericsoho wrote:

Is there a way I could implement a cart link inside here.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.54.06 PM.png

Hi, @ericsoho!

It is technically possible to add a cart link to your main menu, but it isn't necessarily recommended. The Dawn theme already has a cart icon, and it includes a cart popup as well. Here's an example of what the customer experience looks like (from the preview of the Dawn theme in the Shopify Theme Store):

Preview%20Default%20Theme%20-%20Dawn%20Ecommerce%20Website%20Template%202022-03-24%2019-32-38

When a customer clicks "Add to cart", a popup appears in the top right-hand corner to confirm that the item was added. The cart icon also changes to indicate that there are items in the cart.

If you would still like to add a cart link to your menu, you can do so under Online Store > Navigation. Click on the menu you want to add the cart link to, and then click "Add menu item". In the Link field, you'll just need to enter your URL with /cart at the end.

24-41-75504-46341

Is there a specific reason that you're wanting to add a cart link to the menu? I'm curious to hear about it and see if there's anything else I can help with.

ericsoho
Explorer
50 0 13

Yeah Sure! I'm aware that my entire site is against you guys' recommendations, I don't think there's anything your guys like about it. Everyone I ask to help me always adds how they don't recommend something I'm doing. I do appreciate the insight, however, you also must also understand the market that you're trying to capture! I am trying to convert Instagram shoppers mostly, these are the people that buy most of my products. I must replicate the aesthetic appreciation of a nice Instagram feed into my mobile webpage. I say mobile because that's where 70% of online shopping is done, and also where my attention is on building. 

So in turn I wanted to remove the cart from my landing page, for the aesthetic. I wouldn't mind adding it back on the shopping page, but here we are.

But if you insist on helping me further(which I would appreciate) it would be nice to have a dynamic cart. Could you provide code that would help me? 

Are you familiar with Apples' nested notifications in IOS? I would like to replicate that on top of the menu slider, on mobile and on top of the cart link on web. 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@ericsoho wrote:

Yeah Sure! I'm aware that my entire site is against you guys' recommendations, I don't think there's anything your guys like about it. Everyone I ask to help me always adds how they don't recommend something I'm doing. I do appreciate the insight, however, you also must also understand the market that you're trying to capture! I am trying to convert Instagram shoppers mostly, these are the people that buy most of my products. I must replicate the aesthetic appreciation of a nice Instagram feed into my mobile webpage. I say mobile because that's where 70% of online shopping is done, and also where my attention is on building. 

So in turn I wanted to remove the cart from my landing page, for the aesthetic. I wouldn't mind adding it back on the shopping page, but here we are.

But if you insist on helping me further(which I would appreciate) it would be nice to have a dynamic cart. Could you provide code that would help me? 

Are you familiar with Apples' nested notifications in IOS? I would like to replicate that on top of the menu slider, on mobile and on top of the cart link on web. 

Thanks for providing this context. Shopify themes are already optimized for conversions and various screen sizes (including mobile) which is why our team typically doesn't recommend customization like this. I understand that it might be frustrating to hear that repeatedly, but it's important that we're clear about what Shopify can and can't support. For your reference, you can find more information about support for themes here.

I'm unable to provide coding solutions for you, but I can let you know whether the request is something that our Theme Support team can help you with. Can you tell me a bit more about the dynamic cart you're looking to implement? Let me know if you have an example of what you want it to look like or how you want it to function.

ericsoho
Explorer
50 0 13

It is okay, I'll save both of us some time. I know the theme support team won't help me with this without even asking, actually, I'm not sure what they help out with if anything at all. Trust me, I asked about many different things to no avail. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ericsoho 

sorry for any issue can you please share more details if any other issue