Adding a Second Contact Form to Shopify

Jessica_Harpole
3 0 0

I am wanting to create a form in shopify (in addition to our page.contact.liquid) where customers can input preferences about a specific product we offer. (favorite color, birthdate, etc). Ideally customers would be directed to this form immediately after purchasing the product. Is there a way to add this into our site without downloading a 3rd party app? 

Replies 5 (5)
Massaad
Shopify Staff
326 0 35

Hi Jessica,

It is certainly possible. 

The contact template is editable by you, so you can create another one called page.customer-info.liquid for example and just select the questions you wanted the customer to answer. Then this can be added to any other page.

It may be a bit easier to use a third party app for all your contact forms though. I use jotform.com since it is easier to control everything but you can also use wufoo.com or any other contact form

Some things I get out of jotform that aren't possible with our simple form:

- different "to" emails

-I get the email formatted as I specify, rather than plain text so its tagged in my inbox (I run a few different sites so it keeps me organized)

-file uploads (customizations for orders etc)

-simple drag and drop editing of my forms in one place (I don' thave to dig around with code in Shopify, even though I am comfortable I prefer to keep it simple and click around.)

Massaad | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jessica_Harpole
3 0 0

Thank you so much! I am creating a custom form on Jotform now. How would I attached that form to our Shopify shop? Ideally the customer would be prompted to fill out this form after purchasing a specific product. Thanks! 

Massaad
Shopify Staff
326 0 35

Super!

The next step might be a bit more difficult and advanced. You can add some code which shows on the checkout for only some items. 

You will want to check to see if the order was the specific product, then show the form if so. Otherwise don't show the form. We cover this near the bottom of this doc with a code example: https://docs.shopify.com/support/configuration/store-customization/legacy-checkout/how-do-i-customiz...

You will want to replace the "<p> Download ..."line completely with the form. 

{% for line in line_items %}
  <!-- DEBUG looking at {{ line.title }} -->
  {% if line.title == 'Our special downloadable product' %}
  <p>Download your special downloadable product <a href="#">here</a>.
  {% endif %}
{% endfor %}

As a hint, to test this I would add a gateway such as "COD" and use your browses Address autofill for the testing of this so you can get through the checkout very fast to see if the form shows up.

Massaad | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jessica_Harpole
3 0 0

Thanks again for your quick response. I decided to simply embed the form in our product information section, and it is working great! 

RCG
Excursionist
22 0 3

I am unable to duplicate the original contact liquid file. In your description you state that it is edible, and it is, I can rename it or edit it, but I am unable to duplicate it to make a second contact for. Is this by design?