Adding a subdomain within shopify so a page is linked to a sub domain

Adding a subdomain within shopify so a page is linked to a sub domain

moxzilla
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

So I have domain through namecheap I was able to lin kit just fine but I want to add a sub domain where for example: funstuf.com is my main store but  I want a page that I created in shopify to be linked to a sub domain, where faq.funstuff.com points to the faq page that  I built in shopify.

What do I have to do to achieve this.

Thanks in advanced! 

Replies 5 (5)

ZenoPageBuilder
Shopify Partner
1052 203 221

Hello @moxzilla 

It is not possible to connect a subdomain to a page on your store. You can only redirect that subdomain to that page, however after redirection the domain will still be your main domain.

Zeno Page Builder - Build responsive & SEO-optimized Landing pages, Blog posts, Product pages and more...
Learn more at zenobuilder.com
moxzilla
Visitor
2 0 0

Interesting  so If I do a url redirect like faq->funstuff.com/pages/faqs would not work meaning it would ruin my main redirect or should I use the original shopify url?

ZenoPageBuilder
Shopify Partner
1052 203 221

You can redirect faq.funstuff.com to funstuff.com/pages/faqs from the domain's DNS setting. It will work just like a shortcut, but after the redirection, the clients will see funstuff.com/pages/faqs in the address bar. Only do it in case you want a memorable address for your page.

Zeno Page Builder - Build responsive & SEO-optimized Landing pages, Blog posts, Product pages and more...
Learn more at zenobuilder.com

topnewyork
Navigator
310 35 47

Hi, @moxzilla 

please check this link 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/connecting-domains/connect-subdomain 

Need a Shopify developer?
Hire us at topnewyorkwebdesign.com
For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
Subscribe to our youtube channel
davidClubL
Visitor
1 0 0

Irrelevant to the OPs question