Adding clickable email link to pages

HIE
1 0 2

THere seems to be no way to add a clickable email link in your pages.

We do not want a form inserted but are after an ability for the customer to click on an amil and it opens within their own email program. Have done this on other sites, but cannot see it on SHopify. Help please!

Replies 17 (17)
Richard_
Shopify Expert
129 0 30

Hi,

Just simple, you can refer the code below

<a href="mailto:yourmail@domain.com">Send me an email</a>

I hope this help.

Richard Nguyen | PageFly CEO
Max0405
1 0 0

good

helenlock
1 0 0

i tried to insert the code in my Shipping page. But doesn't seem to work... 😞

it shows the code with my email on the website. heh!

MsJ08
3 0 0

I tried this as well and had the same experience.  Any additional instructions would be helpful.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2272 342 935

You guys are probably putting it in the WYSIWYG editor -- You have to toggle to the html mode with the button in the top right of the text area:

issue.png

Then add the code in there and it should be a link when you preview the page.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
miket1527
1 0 0

you have to go into the coding i found out. i placed mine in my header and its now clickable

adamhartnell1
Excursionist
16 0 8

Its a lot simpler than all this, you dont need to edit code.

You click into online store > pages.

Click on the page you want to edit, and add in your email address wherever you'd like it. Highlight the email address and click on the link button. In the 'link to' section, you add in mailto:[input your email address]. An example is below.  

adamhartnell1_1-1618322144194.png

miaotte1
1 0 0

I tried all the suggested solutions and none work. I click the link and nothing happens. I can see in the bottom left of the browser window that the browser sees the "mailto:" link but when I click it, nada.

adamhartnell1
Excursionist
16 0 8

Sorry then, that works for me every time 

toyzrlove
1 0 0

I tried the way this person mentioned and it definitely works! just remember to remove the brackets and have them open the link to a new tab and voila! Customers should be able to email you directly. 🙂 Thanks so much for this helpful tip! 

DaveG
3 0 0

I had the same problem. It turned out to be my Chrome browser settings. Try this. If your not using Chrome try looking up instructions for your browser to do this.

How to set the mailto: protocol to Gmail

1. Open up Google Chrome.
  2. Open Gmail in one of the tabs.
  3. Look at the right side of the address bar for the Protocol Handler icon. They look like 2 intersecting diamonds.

DaveG_0-1619811872884.jpeg

Protocol handler in the Chrome address bar

1. Click the handler icon.

You should get a small dialog box that asks you to Allow mail.google.com to open all email links?

DaveG_1-1619811872941.jpeg

1. Choose the Allow radio button.
  2. Click Done.
  3. Test to make sure an email link works. You can use this link.

https://www.timeatlas.com/email-links-chrome-gmail/

TheZenArtist
1 0 0

Awesome!

dimaond
Tourist
3 0 1

Once you click...

dimaond_0-1623235642362.png

Find text i.e. "mail to", "support" using ctrl + F. It could look like this: 

To start a return, you can contact us at <a href="mailto:support@shopify.com">support@sshopify.com</a> . If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label

If not add it being mindful of code structure.

avibull
2 0 0

Use the following standard URL link code for Shopify Liquid coding language:

{{ 'Shopify' | link_to: 'https://www.shopify.com','A link to Shopify' }}

Instead of the https://... put mailto:email_address and change the other parts as required.

OB2
2 0 0

Legend that worked!!

CrownTropic
Tourist
4 0 1

Beautiful, thank you Adam!

GatienC
Excursionist
18 0 7

Hi there,

What if the page is the password page landing page for people to sign up to a waiting list? How would you add the mailto link then?