Adding Custom Content Between Products In a collection page

Kimball
Tourist
44 0 3

I'm wondering if it's possible to add specific custom content between product list items on a collection page. 

For example, I'd like to add a cool photo and some copy onto my chairs collection page to add some spark to my collection pages. 

here is a photo example (not done with shopify): 

Does anyone know if anything like this is possible?  Maybe with the shopify custom fields thing (at the top of the forum) (http://freakdesign.com.au/pages/shopify-custom-fields). ;

Any help is appreciated. 

Replies 8 (8)
Lixon_Louis
Shopify Partner
1186 35 267

You might need to create an alternate products-template, where in the loop after `nth-product` show your custom content with appropiate grids

refer https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/store/create-alternate-templates

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1498 42 323

Create an alternate template as Louis said and in the product loop, at a specified index , you can include additional content:

{% for product in collections.frontpage.products %}
    {% if forloop.index == 3 %}
       {% include 'additional-content' %}
    {% endif %}

// include product
{% endfor %}

This code assumes that the collection is frontpage and the additional content is included after the 4th product

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
Kimball
Tourist
44 0 3

I see. Thanks for the help guys. 

Kimball
Tourist
44 0 3

My one issue is I want to make each of these additional content pieces different for each collection. 

If I made an alternate template, I don't know how I'd make each of these different depending on the collection. 

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1498 42 323

In the loop you can set a condition:

{% if collection.handle == 'some-collection' %}
  {% include 'some-additional-content' %}
{% elsif collection.handle == 'another-collection' %}
 {% include 'another-additional-content' %}
{% endif %}

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
Kimball
Tourist
44 0 3

Thanks Mircea. You are always helpful. 

Heather_Baskin
1 0 0

Can this be applied one step further and have each product in the collection list have a sniped say taken from the SEO Meta description giving unique text beneath each product? Now that would make a great SEO addition for page content.

Fred_Azuelos
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

Hi, looking for this solution for Narrative theme. Is someone could help me please? It's so important to me.