Adding custom HTML and CSS to my homepage

DFKTClothing
1 0 0

Hi! I want to add some HTML and Css I made for my website to add a background image with link overlays to it. I thought I could do that through the "custom content" block when customizing my website, but turns out there was no way to upload any files. Any idea on how I can integrate my code to my homepage? I'm not familear with liquid at all, just starting coding in html and css through school like w-3 weeks ago.

Here's an image of what I want. I want this to replace the slideshow that I have in place right now at www.dfktclothing.com

Skärmavbild 2021-10-20 kl. 22.05.41.png

Reply 1 (1)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3449 226 669

@DFKTClothing wrote:

Hi! I want to add some HTML and Css I made for my website to add a background image with link overlays to it. I thought I could do that through the "custom content" block when customizing my website, but turns out there was no way to upload any files. Any idea on how I can integrate my code to my homepage? I'm not familear with liquid at all, just starting coding in html and css through school like w-3 weeks ago.

One native way to work around this is to create a page and use the Rich text editor then copy out it's html as that will have . 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shopify-admin/productivity-tools/rich-text-editor#insert-images-w... 

Otherwise you'll need to add files either to the files admin, or in the themes assets folder, then reference the CDN URLS of those resources in whatever custom content is being created. 

Really though unless a merchants just starting out intend to be a developer keep the homepage simple using the available sections or your just wasting your time and the customers time playing web-designer when you could be improving the business in more intrinsic ways.

Join the discussion - What was learned this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com