Adding dropdown menu question to cart page

Emmalouuise
Tourist
32 0 2

Hi,

I have a dropdown menu on my Cart page asking "How did you hear about us?" the drop down then lists various options and customers are required to select one before they can proceed to checkout. I have went to try update my theme and when looking at how to add this back as it seems to have gone, i can't find where in the code it is meant to go? Can someone help with how to re-add this to our basket for when we update the theme?

Secondly, I also want to add a checkbox below this dropdown, With a question asking if they want to recieve a loyaly card. Is it possible to have this aswell, where if they select the checkbox, it will come up on their order in "Additional Notes" saying Yes to Loyalty Card?

Theme is Symmetry
Version: 7.1.2

Ive attached a screenshot below of how it looks currently

DBS_Basket_SS.jpg

Replies 4 (4)

sahilsharma9515
Shopify Partner
839 100 150

Hi @Emmalouuise Both the points can be done with the help of custom coding, As mentioned by you that for the 1st point there is already a code in your theme, and you just need to add that in the new theme by finding the code in the old theme, and for 2nd point we need to add the custom code to achieve this.

If you will unable to implement the same then I'm happy to do this for you, let me know. I can implement the code changes so that this will work well for you.

Hopefully it will help you. If yes then Please don't forget hit Like and Mark it as solution!

Best Regards

Sahil

- Your

Coffee Tip 

can create magic in coding ❤️❤️

- Need a Shopify Developer? CHAT ON WHATSAPP or EMAIL ME !

- Hopefully the solution will help you. If yes then Please hit

and

Mark it as solution! ❤️

Emmalouuise
Tourist
32 0 2

Hi @sahilsharma9515 thank you for the reply.

So I know that the code is in the theme already, I found where it is, however there is also a section of it in the "styles.css.liquid" directory which in the updated version of the theme, I can't find any Styles Directory like this? 

And if you could help with the code for the second Point that would be very helpful please.

sahilsharma9515
Shopify Partner
839 100 150

Hi @Emmalouuise Yes I would love to help you for 2nd point, 

You need to provide the store access so that I can implement the same.

Let's move this conversation from here to whatsapp or email or private message in shopify, which ever is suitable for you.

Best Regards

Sahil

- Your

Coffee Tip 

can create magic in coding ❤️❤️

- Need a Shopify Developer? CHAT ON WHATSAPP or EMAIL ME !

- Hopefully the solution will help you. If yes then Please hit

and

Mark it as solution! ❤️

Emmalouuise
Tourist
32 0 2

Hi @sahilsharma9515 thank you so much, yes of course that’s fine and would be easier. 

My business partner is about to message you privately via the community forum as he has more knowledge than me with this so will be easier for you to discuss with him.