Adding Gift Message to Dawn Theme

Larinna
Tourist
4 0 1

Has anyone been able to figure out if you can add a gift message to the Dawn theme or is there an app I  can use to solve that issue?

Thanks!

Larinna

Replies 11 (11)

Muhammad_Ali_S
Shopify Partner
664 121 183

@Larinna,

Please share more details.

Ali Shahzad | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like and Accepted Solution to let me know!
- Feel Free to Contact | Whatsapp +92 3486775142
Larinna
Tourist
4 0 1
I'd like customers to be able to add a note if they are sending it as a
gift. I'd also like to be able to add my own note if we are gifting to an
influencer for our 3PL to ship out.
aerodyno
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

The Dawn Theme doesn't support a gift message in the cart (also known as Order Notes), like many other themes do. Please update, just found this question via google.

Here's an example of a shopify theme that has a gift message: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/add-gift-message-to-minimal-theme-checkout/td-p/41565...

How do we get this functionality in the excellent Dawn theme?

Thanks.

aerodyno
Shopify Partner
2 0 1
Tim_Gist
Explorer
92 2 8

@aerodyno @Larinna @Muhammad_Ali_S Hi All! With Giftship, you can take gift messages and automate the printing of them on either your Product pages or your Cart page: https://apps.shopify.com/giftship

It has many more integrated tools as well 🙂 If you have any questions, please let me know here or reach out to our team at support@gist-apps.com

Zeppelin83
Excursionist
24 0 8

The gift ship app is minimum 40 USD a month...!  A little excessive for us small shop owners who simply want the customer to add a note when they are checking out. 

If anyone has some lines of code to add this functionality for free, please share. 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9080 1129 1479

@Zeppelin83 - what theme are you using? please check if you have order notes option

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
wendycain
Explorer
81 7 15

You freaking rock, THANK YOU SO MUCH

Vanwear
Excursionist
20 0 6

I a having the same issue with the Dawn theme. It's otherwise a good theme, but why does Shopify remove this sort of functionality, it's just ridiculous! What possible harm could it do to leave this option in every theme? My store is offering personalisation and I have nowhere for the buyer to add their message!!!

If anybody has worked this out - or Shopify can actually come up with a solution - I am in dire need! 

Zeppelin83
Excursionist
24 0 8

I am not sure why they removed this from Dawn, seems like a pretty core, basic, expected functionality to offer in 2022… 

In our case we ended up installing the app “wrapin” which is $1.99 a month. It does the job and was the cheapest option I could find. 

Vanwear
Excursionist
20 0 6

Bizarrely, it says on this official Shopify page that "order notes are available in every free theme". Except for Dawn, presumably?!

Notes on all Themes