Solved

How can I add keywords to product and collections pages in Debut theme?

orangegrove
Excursionist
18 3 0

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a way to add keywords to the product and collections pages in Debut theme please?  I have metaguru app but dont know how to use it or even if it does the keyword thing.
Thanks

Wendy (www.orangegrove.co.nz)

Accepted Solution (1)
orangegrove
Excursionist
18 3 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your time and advice, will do.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9133 1137 1484

@orangegrove- please check product back end, scroll down to bottom, you will have SEO options, you can add in it

To build shopify pages use pagefly You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
Paranormal story video using AI
Join me for beginner level training session
orangegrove
Excursionist
18 3 0

Thanks this is all I have regarding options
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 5.03.44 PM.png

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9133 1137 1484

@orangegrove- try adding meta keywords in theme.liquid file , in head tag

To build shopify pages use pagefly You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
Paranormal story video using AI
Join me for beginner level training session
orangegrove
Excursionist
18 3 0

Will try that but am no expert on the code. Are you able to give me the actual bit of code to add?  Thank you so much

demib
Shopify Partner
132 13 62

"Keywords" are the words most relevant for your page(s). It is not - as it once was (many years ago) a META-tag you add them to. There still exist a META-keywords standard but none of the major search engines support the tag anymore - they do not read or value the content in the META-keyword tag. So don't waste your time with that.

Instead, make sure the keyword(s) you want a page to rank for is actually used - in a natural way, on your page - in the TITLE, the main (top) headline, the body copy and URL. Do not overdo it. That does not help. Just use them in a natural way that read swell to users.

If you want to advance, then research how and why users search for that keyword and include answers to those requests. 

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
orangegrove
Excursionist
18 3 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your time and advice, will do.