Adding multiple "collection image" to a collection.

adrienmrtin
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello,

In my shop I'm using collection as "vendor pages" and I would like to have a background image and a "logo" image.

I managed to have both but I don't know how can I have the field in my shopify admin collection doubled, so I could easily upload files.

Capture d’écran 2020-07-16 à 11.png

I would like to have as you can see on the screenshot bellow, my first img is in "collection.image" and I would like to have an other one maybe called "collection.image2" which is the logo of my vendor.

Capture d’écran 2020-07-16 à 11.04.02.png

Do anyone have any idea on how I could achieve this, 

Thanks,

Adrien

Replies 13 (13)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36836 3635 11966

Hello, @adrienmrtin 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
adrienmrtin
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello, 

My shopify is "https://voldoizotest.myshopify.com/" , you can check this so you see where the "logo" picture is "https://voldoizotest.myshopify.com/collections/novoid-kicks"

Thanks

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36836 3635 11966

@adrienmrtin 

Thanks for url

collection featured image shopify allow to admin side only one if you need add more so 

It can be done by doing some code customization. Please take the help of a developer and hire Shopify Expert or me

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
adrienmrtin
Tourist
8 0 2

Are you sure it's possible to do the thing I wanted to do.

That means changing the shopify admin panel by adding the option to add an other picture,

I already changed the code the last thing I need to do is just adding the picture field in the shopify admin but I don't know if this modification is possible.

Thanks,

Adrien

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36836 3635 11966

@adrienmrtin 

Shopify admin doesn't allow to any custamization this custom image possibel to theme setting.

Rcarroll
Shopify Partner
5 1 5

Did you ever happen on a solution for this?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36836 3635 11966

@Rcarroll 

yes, please share store url so i will check and guide you

Rcarroll
Shopify Partner
5 1 5

The store i'm working on is currently in development. But i want to be able to have two collection images for two different use cases and I'd like that to be managed / controlled via the admin section so that non technical users can update them. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36836 3635 11966

@Rcarroll 

no rush if possible to share store preview url or send DM

JonnSilva
Visitor
1 0 0

@KetanKumar 
I sent my store url to your email. I want to know the solution for this. Thanks.

mackie1311
Visitor
1 0 2

I know this is an old post but it is one of the top google posts that come up on this subject so I thought I would post here on what I found.. 

First off log into your shopify admin panel. Then browse to settings > custom data > collections (under the metafields options). Then add a new definition for a file field something like the below

mackie1311_0-1694481034298.png

My use case was a mobile image to compliment my collection.

The field then displays on the collection screen in shopify admin like so 

mackie1311_3-1694481654475.png

Then depending on your theme you are using (I am using the off the shelf Ella shopify theme) you can bind the image field and the new metafield to your theme section properties like so:

mackie1311_1-1694481213719.pngmackie1311_2-1694481262367.png

Then in your theme code you can simply attach to your section field for the mobile and desktop images. The metafield and image field of the collection are dynamic sources for those properties and will change dynamically per collection page. 

More reference to using this technique here https://bodanu.com/blogs/ideas/add-a-second-image-to-a-collection

Not sure if it is the preferred way to handle this but it worked a treat in my case and haven't had any issues as of yet. Hope this helps someone.

jefflbruno
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Thank you!

keirlavelle
Visitor
1 0 0

Amazing, cheers Mackie!