Adding own secondary custom background image or color

Mau8210
Visitor
3 0 1

Is there a way to add a background for a specific section on the home page? I am using the Express free theme and I chose secondary background color but it only applies to one specific section when I add it. I'd like to add it to a different section of my choosing. Is that possible? Please help! 

Replies 4 (4)

Nazmulhasan
Shopify Partner
10 3 5

Hey @Mau8210 ,

Yeah, that's possible of course. But you'll need basic CSS & Liquid knowledge in order to do that yourself. Please share the details so I can help.

Regards.

If found helpful Like & Mark as Accepted solution
~ Email: nazmulhasankazal@gmail.com
~ Skype: live:nazmulhasankazal
Mau8210
Visitor
3 0 1

Okay so the theme is the express free shopify theme, I am adding a section on the home page [multi-column] and I want to have a specific color as the background for that section only or maybe an image. Where do I go in the code to do that? I thought adding secondary background would do it since its right there on the theme settings but it seems to only change the background of certain sections [image with text]. Can you help me figure out how to change specifically the background of only that one section that Im trying to add? 

Nazmulhasan
Shopify Partner
10 3 5

=> First, you have to find out which section file is responsible for the multi-column section.

=> Then you have to wrap the corresponding code within a wrapper html element and write css for it, as per your requirement. It can be background-color, background-img or even both depending on your wish.

=> Then write schema to collect input from the customizer and output the schema values using liquid within your statically applied css and html.

That might sound a little complex if you don't have much liquid/css coding experience. But if you do, this should be easy peasy. You can ping me for further assistance or do the code for you.

Regards.

If found helpful Like & Mark as Accepted solution
~ Email: nazmulhasankazal@gmail.com
~ Skype: live:nazmulhasankazal

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@Mau8210 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing