Adding pages in between collections and products

Ellie123
8 0 0

Hi, 

i am looking for help with my furniture store and was wondering if anyone could help. I have the collections set up which then immediately takes you to the products. So what i am after is the next row. For instance, SOFA COLLECTION ----- LEATHER SOFAS/FABRICSOFAS/CORNER SOFAS ---- Then the products.

I cant seem to find a way to insert the middle section? So all my customers are getting 100 items of which they might not be interested in. How do i narrow it down for them ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My website is www.loveyourbed.co.uk

Regards

Ellie

Replies 8 (8)

ecomheroes_dev
Excursionist
44 1 2

@Ellie123 can you more explain about your issue like making a screenshot for more clarification? so i can help you

Hire Shopify Experts For Shopify Store Design and Development
info@ecomheroes.dev
https://ecomheroes.dev
Ellie123
8 0 0

Hi, 

thanks for the reply, ok, so the first picture gives you an option of SUITES AND SOFAS on the website home page

When you click on this it then takes you to EVERY suite and sofa we have. now if we have 100 and the customer is looking for a leather sofa but we only have 5. the the customer has to search through every sofa to find the leather options.

I want the next page to break it down..... Leather sofas, Fabric Sofas, Corner sofas etc.

But i cant find a way to add the page in between that allows me to add the collections individually.

Obviously if they use a search bar they can find it this way but i just want it a little more simple and easier for google to navigate.

Hopefully this males sense?Screenshot 2023-02-22 123512.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-22 123546.jpg

gr_trading
Shopify Partner
1649 139 170

Hi @Ellie123 ,

To achieve will recommend using pages.

Like:

Step 1: At the home page, the user will click on SOFA COLLECTION Block

Step 2: Now the user will land on sofa-page

Step 3: Where we will create blocks for LEATHER SOFAS/FABRICSOFAS/CORNER SOFAS

Step 4: Now you can create a collection for every different block or you can redirect to the product listing page with desired filter option auto-selected.

For any custom development WhatsApp or connect at Email ID: gr.trading15@gmail.com for quick consultation. | Shopify Free codes
To support Buy Me a Coffee
Ellie123
8 0 0

Hi, im not so sure i understand this. So as you said step by step this is what i want

Step 1: At the home page, the user will click on SOFA COLLECTION Block

Step 2: Now i want them too see the options - Leather Sofa block, Fabric Sofa block, Corner Sofa block etc

Step 3: Now once they have clicked one of the options they only see , for instance , Leather sofas.

So just 3 steps, currently its 2 steps....hit the sofa collection block, get every single sofa. 

regards

Ellie

Ellie123
8 0 0

For instance....And im not entirely sure how i did this but i cant seem to replicate it with the sofas. When you click on the beds and beframes, this is what comes up. Screenshot 2023-02-22 152106.jpg

So then the customer has a choice.....they can look at all double beds or all single beds.  With sofas and all otehr products you cant do this.

regards

Ellie

gr_trading
Shopify Partner
1649 139 170

It's because you are using collection at every step.

For second step create page and link your block to page.

For any custom development WhatsApp or connect at Email ID: gr.trading15@gmail.com for quick consultation. | Shopify Free codes
Ellie123
8 0 0

Hi, 

thanks for the response, so here is the page ...How do i get my collections onto that page? This is where i got to last time and this is where I couldnt get any further once i had the page...i changed the template to colletion and collection.list...but i couldnt get any further?Screenshot 2023-02-22 155057.jpg

gr_trading
Shopify Partner
1649 139 170

Not here Ellie you should go to

online store - themes - customize - select page - create new template - named it with anything - 

Now select collection list and save.

If still not get it.

Would suggest to hire someone who can setup store for you.