Adding separator sections in collection pages

jgroma
Tourist
7 1 0

Hi, in my collection page, I wanted to have subsections of the products. 
Ex: under Earrings collection page, I'd like to have studs, hoops, and drops shown in the collection page but they would have like a line separator and header. meaning they are sorted by their type inside the collection page and everything is out and shown. 

Is it possible to do that?

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1125 91 286

Hi, @jgroma

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Do you have a mockup image that shows the exact change you're looking for? If so, please feel free to share that with me here so I can take a closer look into your request. 

In the meantime though, which theme are you using on your site? You can find this information directly in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'

If you're using a Shopify-developed theme, please let me know as our Design team may be able to help look into this request further. 

However, if you're using a third-party theme instead, it's best to reach out to your theme developers about this change to see what's possible. You can contact your developers by following the steps listed in this help document under 'Paid themes'.

If you speak with your developers directly and they can't assist with making this change, then I recommend contacting Shopify Experts for more help with this. Experts are third-party designers and developers who have a lot of experience in building customizations for Shopify themes, so they're a great option to consider. You can reach out to Shopify Experts about this via this link

I'd also love to hear more about why you're looking to add this change, so we can discuss the different ways that this will benefit your customers. 

I hope to hear back from you with the above details soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
jgroma
Tourist
7 1 0

The theme that we are using is Showcase, which we purchased as a pre-made theme. The developers that made the theme, does not do customization to the existing one. Attached is the sample look that we wanted to do.

sample collection page.PNG

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1125 91 286

Thanks for letting me know. 

It sounds like you've already spoken to your theme developers and confirmed that they don't help with theme customizations, so I recommend reaching out to Shopify Experts about this instead. Experts are third-party designers and developers who have a lot of experience in creating customizations for themes on Shopify, so they're a great resource to consider using. 

You can contact Shopify Experts about this request via this link

Best of luck with this!  

jgroma
Tourist
7 1 0

Okay thank you, will do that instead.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1125 91 286

Sounds great! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I'll be happy to help out.