Admin > Shipping Rates - Shopify have changed the fields - Is there a solution>

Baz1
Shopify Partner
33 1 6

Shopify have changed the layout and field structure of Shipping Rates

see: Admin>>Settings>>Shipping  and select 'Manage Rates' then 'Add Rate'

it used to look like this:   - With a field named 'Rate Name'

Baz1_0-1648823277265.png

But now looks like this:  with a new field named 'Shipping Speed', but 'Rate Name' is no longer editable.

Baz1_1-1648823353689.png

Were we notified of this change?

How do we maintain/edit the field 'Rate Name'???

Replies 3 (3)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @Baz1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some guidance with locating the rate name for when setting up your own rates. To provide some context, this feature remains available to but has moved locations. To set up, you can:

• Head into Settings > Shipping, from the Shopify admin. 
  • Next to the shipping profile that you want to add a shipping rate to, click Manage rates.

• Next to the zone that you want to add a rate to, click Add rate

• Select Set Up Your Own Rates
  • Under Shipping Speed, open the drop-down to locate Custom Flat Rate (no shipping time).
  • Enter the name and amount for the rate.

• Optional: Add weight-based or price-based conditions.

1. Click Add conditions.
    2. Select whether to base the condition on order weight or price.
    3. Enter the minimum and maximum value for the condition.
  • Click Done, and then click Save.

I am happy to however, make note of your feedback with our Developers as we're always looking for ways to improve the platform. For more information on setting up flat rates, please check out our Setting Up Shipping Rates documentation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Baz1
Shopify Partner
33 1 6

Thank you @Blair - one of my stores had asked if they could move to another eCommerce platform because Shopify had removed this feature.  Now we know that it's just been 'hidden' hopefully there is no need for them to move.

They had previously contacted three Support agents - none of whom knew the info. that you have provided.   So big THANK YOU.

If you have influence with the developers, please pass them this feedback:

a) The new version lacks 'data quality'   i.e. 

• "Consistent: Data is consistently represented in a standard way throughout the dataset."

When the modal panel opens the field is named "Shipping Speed" - and it displays drop-down options.

Baz1_1-1648891359250.png

After the New Rate is ADDED - it displays some content in the column 'Rate Name' and some content in the column 'Shipping Speed'.

Baz1_2-1648891441093.png

Thus it is not 'Consistant' and possibly confusing.

b) It seems Shopify have introduced this new field named 'Shipping Speed'.

And it seems this field can display on the 'Checkout' page, and the field seems to be carried through on shipping integrations.   It therefore appears to be informative & 'useful'.

However, if the 'Custom' option is chosen - the 'Rate Name' field can be edited, but the 'Shipping Speed' field can't!   Why exclude it?

The two fields should not be conflated.  Both should be editable.

c) You say:

"... please check out our Setting Up Shipping Rates documentation..."   Please note that this document has NOT  been updated - it makes no reference to Shipping Speed etc.

d) Were we (partners, stores, etc) pre-notified of this change?

e) Were Shopifys kb documentors notified - (rhetorical) seems not as they haven't updated it.

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @Baz1,

I'm happy to hear the issue was able to be resolved for your clients! 

Touching on feedback, I am more than happy to make note of this with our Developers. We are always looking for ways to improve the platform, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. While I cannot guarantee any changes will be made, the more notes made on the topic will increase its likliehood for adjustments. 

Thank you for sharing those suggestions and if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog