adobe font on Brooklyn theme

brickandbobbin
Tourist
9 0 1

hello i have the theme Brooklyn 

I am trying to install an adobe font to my theme,

have followed every instruction that i can find..

but it does not work 

please help me understand how 

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 37 38

Hey, @brickandbobbin!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!

In order to install an adobe font to your Brooklyn theme you have to add your custom font link in the Asset->theme.scss file and bind this font to tag where you want. You mentioned that you had followed a tutorial previously, could you please provide me with some detail on what you were instructed to do and what changes you made? I'd be more than happy to further look into why this hasn't worked for you. Here is a trusted tutorial with instructions on how to implement your new font below:

As a workaround, if you aren't wanting to use any custom code, I recommend checking out this app called Fontify, which allows you to easily upload a font you have downloaded from Font Squirrel to your Shopify store. This app is compatible with all themes and can be used with any font. If you ever need assistance with it, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information available under the Support section on their app page. Depending on how comfortable you are with custom code, this might be a great solution for you.

Important Notes:

• If you make changes to the original code and save the changes, you will not be able to revert back. We always suggest you first duplicate the theme and work in the duplicate. That way you can always go back to your previous version.

• If you make changes to the original code in a theme and update your theme to a newer version in the future it will override past changes.

• If you need custom changes but would prefer the help of a developer we recommend Shopify's own Expert Marketplace.

Tip: As you continue to develop and edit your store, I highly suggest taking advantage of the Shopify Developers website. This is a place where our developers post hundreds of step-by-step coding tutorials which is a great way to familiarise yourself with all the different customization possibilities within your theme!

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
brickandbobbin
Tourist
9 0 1

hello Moira,

many thanks for your answer,

i have inserted the link in to my theme.scss, 

this is the code that i was instructed from the adobe page to the <head> section

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.typekit.net/eql7qpn.css"> 

then i have seen in this forum something like that 

<style>

@import url("<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.typekit.net/eql7qpn.css"> ");

</style>

and then i need to change something in the font family 

have made the changes and there were to results 

the site went all messed up

or nothing happend 

i am working on a copy so its all good 

but still cant understand what am i doing wrong 

inserted the link to the bottom of the page 

then nothing happend then i have inserted it in a specific location inside some specific line that is in the style section

but then i wanted to actually change the font and nothing happens 

is there a specific line that i need to insert the link in? 

after the link is in my theme.scss i need to change font family anywhere? or the link does it all?

i have no problem with coding , i have tried looking on fontify and google fonts  and nothing there that i like 

i want a specific font from the adobe fonts 

so so frustrating.

the tutorial is really good but the fonts from adobe i cant export them to my computer as files, this is the main problem  so the system of inserting them to the site is more complicated

thank you 

Liron

0 Likes