After i add meta tag to theme.liquid i cant get it verified? is my custom domain name the problem?

brandonjroberts
Tourist
4 1 2

I have a custom domain thru godaddy. I read in another board a store owner was having issues being able to verify and claim his site even after he added the meta tag. It mentioned something about his custom domain not being setup properly.I have the same issue but im not sure if its my domain or what? I added the meta tag in the right spot under the <head> section of code in my theme.liquid but i cant claim my site still for WOT (web of trust) which is what FB uses apperntly. I cant find any other topics on the subject or explanation of what if any my custom domain might have to do with it. My store is www.medibrightwhite.com  If anyone knows anything to help it would be awesome thanks to all for your time!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1189 84 190

Hi, there!

It sounds like you’ve placed the meta tag underneath your <head> in the correct theme.liquid file of your theme to verify your domain with a third-party service. I checked your website and I can see that there’s no password page shown, so it does sound like your store meets two of the few requirements needed to verify your domain. Where did you receive your meta tag from?

We also have further instructions on verifying your domain with third-party sites, here: Verify a domain with a third-party.

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
UESRichard
1 0 0

I am having the same issue the meta tag, it is there in the HTML and I verified by checking the page source but it still fails at (WOT) Web of Trust verification. 

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1189 84 190

Hi, @UESRichard,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this as well! Have you tried to follow the steps that we have in our help doc here: Verify a domain with third-party

I understand that you've checked the page source of your store to see if the HTML has been added. I recommend checking the template that you've placed the HTML in, it should be the theme.liquid template file. You can locate this by going into your Shopify admin, and then into Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code and selecting the theme.liquid file from the left-hand side. 

If you've already tried these steps, feel free to share a screenshot of the error you're experiencing and I can take a further look. The community may also have some suggestions as well!

0 Likes
Chelle1007
1 0 0

I am having trouble verifying my domain. Am I doing something wrong? Ive added it underneath “<head>“ section in theme.liquid section but it is still not able to verify it.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1189 84 190

Hey, @Chelle1007. 

Tira here to help.

It sounds like you’ve done all the right things to verify your page but are running into an error when you try to confirm the verification. Let’s see if we can work on verifying your store together. Can I get you to follow the steps from this video from our Shopify Help Center YouTube Channel: How to verify your domain with Google?

After you’ve given this a try, please let me know which third-party site you’re trying to verify your store on and we can take a further look.

Chat soon,

0 Likes