Afterpay currency Display when Using Multi-Currency

positanoblue
Excursionist
38 0 9

Hi all,

I have enabled the app "Currency Converter Ultimate" for multi currency during checkout. This is working perfectly, however my store is based in Australia, and default currency is AUD. I have also added to the Countries/regions in the payment setting.

I also have Afterpay as an option, and when viewing my products the product page shows the correct currency for where my customer is (example U.K), but the afterpay payment section shows AUD, even tho the total amount for the afterpay payment equals whats owed in GBP.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 9.27.09 pm.png

Any ideas how to remove AUD from showing in the after pay section?

See image

Many thanks

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey, @positanoblue!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It's great to hear you have integrated Afterpay into your store, catering to a variety of payment methods is a major driver for customer satisfaction and loyalty.

After doing some digging it appears that Afterpay looks at your store business address, which in your case is based in Australia (AUD). If you have a business address in Australia, you can only have Afterpay in Australia. This is why the Afterpay payment schedule section on your product pages is not changing (even with the currency converter app).

You can read more about Afterpays integration with Shopify below:

I suggest reaching out to Afterpay directly for further information on these particular configurations. You can contact them via their support channel right here.

Tip: As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked at ways you can also optimize your product page for increased sales? We have a fantastic blog post here that provides some top tips! Your brand is important everywhere, from social media images to your post-sale emails, but it’s especially important on your product pages.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog