Anti counterfeit app

Bernard_Leong
3 0 0

Hi There, 

I have recently ordered some anti counterfeit stickers to stick on my products. The cutomers will scratch the code to obtain a unique code. I am wondering if there is an app available on shopify for customers to enter the code to authenticate the products? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
BogdanM
Shopify Partner
112 3 21

Hi Bernard,

Sounds like a functionality you will not find in a ready to use app.

Where are those codes coming from? How is the athentication happening?

Most likely you'll need custom coding to implement this.

Bogdan | WebShopAssist
User friendly apps with top-rated support
- SKUGen the SKU generator
- DPD Integration
0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1751 195 448

Hey there, Bernard!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really great question and I can see the benefits behind such a feature, giving your customers peace of mins is so important as trust is the most important currency online stores deal in. I was able to find an app called My Product Registration which would appear to do what you have described.

For example, say a customer purchases a Gibson Les Paul Standard Figured Walnut Guitar, with serial number D123CDF123. They can register this exact item on your website for peace of mind and offers further opportunities to communicate with customers with your store!

If you have any questions regarding the functionality of the app I would recommend reaching out to the developers behind it by e-mail on info@varify.xyz.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

Bernard_Leong
3 0 0

This is perfect! Thanks 

0 Likes
Bernard_Leong
3 0 0

Thanks mate! 

0 Likes
Fakesburster
Excursionist
15 1 1

Hi

Use Fakesburster to achieve this. It’s a self served anti counterfeit software that assign unique serials to your products per sku which users can directly authenticate on your shopify store. The good thing is, the app is compatible with Shopify. And all you need to do is to install the widget in your Shopify store. To learn more about how to use this app, please visit fakesburster.com

0 Likes