What can fix the Asset Code Error in Blockshop theme on Shopify?

JovialityStore
6 0 0

I'm facing a problem with my website. There has been a change in the theme.scss liquid file. It's showing that there is a wrong code embedded as listed in the screenshot attached. my theme is Blockshop. I want to restore the initial asset file so my website could function properly again. Any advice?Screenshot (20).pngScreenshot (17).png

Replies 5 (5)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@JovialityStore 

This is css error please check start and end barcket  in theme.css or theme.scss.liquid  file . i think some bracket is missing and show error.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @JovialityStore,

If you still have the latest version of Blockshop theme, you can go to Assets > theme.scss.liquid file, then copy the entire file and paste it into your theme.
It's the simplest way.
Or you can also go to Assets > theme.scss.liquid file of your theme then go to line 12987. There was an error at this line or near it, you can check the error or take a screenshot of the code and send it to me.
I will check it.
Hope it helps!

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
JovialityStore
6 0 0

Screenshot (21).png

This is a screenshot of the current code. I copy pasted the code from a copy of the theme, and still when I open the editor I find an error above the announcement bar as it shows in the picture below

Screenshot (22).png

Any advice on how I can eliminate it?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@JovialityStore- this error is occurring since your theme not able to get file products-descriptions-init.liquid file , please check where are you mentioned this file, it is the place which is throwing the error. you need to remove this line or add accurate file name

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @JovialityStore,

With the error of the 2nd screenshot, it says file not found: products-descriptions-init.liquid

So you need to go to layout/theme.liquid file, find 'products-descriptions-init.liquid' and remove code:

{% include 'products-descriptions-init' %}

Hope it clear to you.

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!