Assigned copied product template doesn't work in product

HelgaMorais
2 0 0

Good day,

I wonder if someone could help me out with my issue. The expected result would be that the product loads the copied product.liquid template, which it doesn't. He are the steps I'm taking, in the Debut theme:

1. Created a new template file for products, renamed it [product.qiem-product.liquid]
  2. Added a section [{% section 'feature-row' %}] to [product.qiem-product.liquid]
  3. Went to my product page, named [test product] (which I assume is irrelevant)
  4. On the product page, went to the drop-down menu and selected the [product.qiem-product.liquid] as its theme, and saved
  5. Previewed the page - it showed like expected
  6. Went to customise the content of [test-product] on the front-end (so not in the product page where you can edit the description etc, but rather the theme editor)
  7. The new product template shows up in the product list, but claims no products are assigned to it

Would be nice if someone could help me out on this issue. Am I missing a step or does some logic escape me on this matter?

Replies 2 (2)
LitCommerce
Trailblazer
291 72 72

Hi @HelgaMorais,

Did you choose the product that shows it?

Please go to Products Admin > Product > Theme template. https://i.imgur.com/cUwzE9D.png

After you select, it will display fine.

Hope this helps.

If my answer can help you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!
HelgaMorais
2 0 0

Good day,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you choose the product that shows it?

Yes, I've done exactly that (step 4). That's why I'm baffled as to why Shopify/Debut doesn't seem to recognise that. Anything else I could be missing?