Solved

Auto adjust banner to fit the mobile view

Mouli
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I am using the minimal theme. How do I make the banner to fit the mobile view without cropping the image?

Untitled.pngmobile view.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Mouli.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate you letting us know which theme you are using as that is super helpful. Looking into the Minimal theme, the theme should automatically resize the images in the section. When this occurs, if the image is not able to be resized to fit the format of the mobile view, the image is then cropped. Because large images can't fit on all devices, Shopify sometimes displays only part of the image depending on the device you're using. If your image slideshow contains a lot of large images, then you might find that parts of the images aren't visible.

We do have a great article that goes into this with more detail when it comes to uploading images. Alternatively, if you are interested in hiring an individual to make this change on your behalf, you can reach out to our Shopify Experts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Mouli.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate you letting us know which theme you are using as that is super helpful. Looking into the Minimal theme, the theme should automatically resize the images in the section. When this occurs, if the image is not able to be resized to fit the format of the mobile view, the image is then cropped. Because large images can't fit on all devices, Shopify sometimes displays only part of the image depending on the device you're using. If your image slideshow contains a lot of large images, then you might find that parts of the images aren't visible.

We do have a great article that goes into this with more detail when it comes to uploading images. Alternatively, if you are interested in hiring an individual to make this change on your behalf, you can reach out to our Shopify Experts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mouli
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you. That helped, I just had to select the "adapt to first slide" option.