Automatic login after registration.

YuliyaP
Excursionist
21 0 5

Hey, guys.
Tell me how to automate the user to login automatically after registration.
Now in my shop after registration user has to enter his login and password again.

Replies 6 (6)
IttantaTech
Shopify Partner
510 55 92

@YuliyaP 

https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/plus/multipass

Thanks,
Ittanta Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | Shopify Expert
If reply is helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
To hire us, contact us at info@ittanta.com
YuliyaP
Excursionist
21 0 5

That's not it. I don't need access from other sites.
I need automatic login, after I sign up at the store.

IttantaTech
Shopify Partner
510 55 92
Yes, there is an option for the Shopify Plus users. If you already have some application and wants to allow your users to access Shopify without logging in again you can use Multipass. According to Shopify website

Multipass login is for store owners who have a separate website and a Shopify store. It redirects users from the website to the Shopify store and seamlessly logs them in with the same email address they used to sign up for the original website. If no account with that email address exists yet, one is created. There is no need to synchronize any customer databases.

Shopify Multipass Details

If a user directly visit Shopify store on sub-domain and want to login, redirect him to your main site login (React app) and redirect back after successful login via Multipass URL.

share  improve this answer  follow 
Thanks,
Ittanta Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | Shopify Expert
If reply is helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
To hire us, contact us at info@ittanta.com
benrellick
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

I have this same question; I don't think multipass is the answer. From Shopify's docs:

Multipass login is for store owners who have a separate website and a Shopify store.

In this case there is no second store. Only the one shopify store. When a user completes the account registration flow either through the /account/register page or via an invite from a store admin, the final landing page is the homepage of the website and they are not logged in, they have to re-enter the log in details that they just entered.

More specifically, these are the two flows for a customer to sign up:

The first one is 1) customer enters their info into /accounts/register 2) they're sent an email to verify their email address 3) the click the button and are sent back to the homepage of the site. But they're not logged in, they have to go to the login page and re-enter the details they just entered. How can I log the user in after they verify their email?

The second flow is 1) a customer is sent an account invite 2) they click on the link to set their password, and enter a password twice 3) they are taken to the homepage. But again, they're not logged in. I want to have them land on this page and already be authenticated.

Shopcm
1 0 0

Did you ever get a response or find a solution?

Sergey_GO
Tourist
10 0 0

Looking for solution as well. Just to add to a registration progblem. What is also annoying is that customer need to enter email and password every time thye visit the site. I want when a customer open my site (even he/she wan't there for couple of weeks) see the message "Hey, Michi! Nice to see you again", make a section, with previose orders, loyalty points, etc.. But the customer won't see that until he/she login themselves or when they check-out..

I thought it is so a standard approach but looks like it is not the case with Shopify..