Bad quality images

Solved
Glenson
Tourist
13 0 0

Hello all,

Today I upgraded my theme to a 2,0 theme and I noticed that almost all my pictures are blurry. I searched and read a lot about this problem, but no fix unfortunaly.

What I tried was big format pictures in png and jpeg. Also tried compressed very small. I tried I think all settings in the theme, but no luck there also.

What I noticed, and I think was a bit strange. When I uploaded a very big size jpeg it was blurry but the zoom was crystal clear.

Also in my previous theme there was no problem with the pictures. 

Hope someone can help me out because it is not helping my customers at the moment. 

https://musicproducervocals.com/collections/vocal-packs/products/pop-vocals-1-full-package 

Thank you for your help!
Glenn

0 Likes
extfox
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Glenn, all you have to do is to replace the image on the product. I can see that your product it's using 300px image.

Can you share a snippet of what did you have at `sninppets/product-thumbnail.liquid`?

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2237 337 895

It's not using a 300px image, it's using an image that is coded to only display a 300px image. Replacing the image wouldn't do anything, his image is plenty big enough:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0564/7174/8799/products/Pop-Vocals-1-Box-vierkantoptimezed.jpg?v=1...

You'll have to change the code that's displaying it. What theme are you using?

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
Glenson
Tourist
13 0 0

Am I right that your line must be somewhere in the circled part? Or am I looking in the wrong direction?

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 20.50.45.jpg

0 Likes
Glenson
Tourist
13 0 0

Indeed, my images are big enough!

I am using the theme Flow 

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2237 337 895

It's likely in a section file called "product-template.liquid"

You'll be looking for something that has "300x" in it, it'll probably look something like this:

{{ product.featured_image | img_url: '300x' }}

It also could be being rendered in a snippet though, I don't have any way to tell. Anyway if you can find that you can change 300x to "master":

{{ product.featured_image | img_url: 'master' }}

That'll give you the actual size of your image. If you can't find it just let me know and I can request access to your themes and try to get it sorted out for you.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
Glenson
Tourist
13 0 0

Thank you for your help so far!

I can find this in the picture: 
I searched for the last 15-20min for something similar but no luck. 
Then I must say it is not only the product picture. As you can see, all other pictures have the same, well if they are bigger.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 21.32.39.png

But this is not what you were looking for of course.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2237 337 895

Nothing other than letting me access your themes and take a look for you. Would you mind if I requested access? I'll just duplicate your theme and work on the duplicate.

0 Likes
Glenson
Tourist
13 0 0

Sure, what can I do to make this work? 

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2237 337 895

I sent a request to access your themes, you should get an email to approve or deny me.

0 Likes