Solved

Banner disappears on mobile

MrInappropriate
5 0 0

Hello lovely people,

For some reason, the banner does not display in a mobile browser (or when a desktop browser is reduced in size), can anyone please help me work out why?

I have looked at all of the similar problems on this forum and tried the suggestions but none work for me.

I am not aware that I have changed anything relevant.

I have attached section-image-banner.css (with a .csv at the end) as I feel it might be something in here.

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated!

Thank you.

Cheers,

Dan

Accepted Solution (1)
ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1106 289 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @MrInappropriate,

Here's the fix 😊

Go to your theme's "Edit Code" Option, then in the search bar type "theme.liquid"
Below the tag "<head>" tag paste the following. Screenshot attached for reference.

<style>
@media only screen and (max-width: 749px) {
    .banner__media.media {
        display: block !important;
        margin-top: 10px;
    }    
}
</style>

Screenshot is for reference only, the correct code to paste is the one shown above.

ThePrimeWeb_0-1707596462536.jpeg

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? contact@theprimeweb.com

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1106 289 222

Hey @MrInappropriate,

Could you share the link to your store? A preview link is also fine

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

MrInappropriate
5 0 0

Aah yes, sorry, this is it:

https://mrinappropriate.co.uk

Thank you!!!

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1106 289 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @MrInappropriate,

Here's the fix 😊

Go to your theme's "Edit Code" Option, then in the search bar type "theme.liquid"
Below the tag "<head>" tag paste the following. Screenshot attached for reference.

<style>
@media only screen and (max-width: 749px) {
    .banner__media.media {
        display: block !important;
        margin-top: 10px;
    }    
}
</style>

Screenshot is for reference only, the correct code to paste is the one shown above.

ThePrimeWeb_0-1707596462536.jpeg

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

MrInappropriate
5 0 0

Thank you so so so much, you really saved me, I bought you a few coffees, I hope that helps.  Not as much as you helped me out though I suspect, thank you so so much!

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1106 289 222

Thank you @MrInappropriate.

To this day, I cannot for the life of me recall why I think this way, but I've always followed this principle and still do. 

If you buy someone a meal, rich or poor, never keep tabs, because you can't put a price on a giving someone a meal. 

If that person someday decides to buy you a meal, never compare the price, because as I said earlier, you can't put a price on giving someone a meal. Instead, you be thankful that this person recognized what you did for them and decided to follow in those footsteps. 

The right person will come back and want to give you the same feeling you gave them, the wrong person will ask you for more.

You are the right person.

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

MrInappropriate
5 0 0

Funny, that's exactly how I see it, with a slight addition.

Hard to explain, but just because I happen to be me, it doesn't make 'me' any more valuable than someone who doesn't happen to be me.  Thinking about things and people this way, it makes it easy and automatic to do things for people, and to appreciate it when people do things for me.  We're all the same, we should all share what we have and the world will be a happier place.

Thank you so much for helping me today, I really thought I was going to have to mess about for hours, and you just appeared and made it all better. Thank you.

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1106 289 222

No Worries! Just keep on being you 😊

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

MrInappropriate
5 0 0

You too!