Best banner sizes for Dawn 2.0 theme?

calbowes
Excursionist
12 0 12

I am moving over to Dawn 2.0 but any images i upload as a banner are blown up to either be cropped off the page or enlarged to the point of appearing blurry. Any assistance on image sizes, ratios and the like would be appreciated.

Replies 15 (15)

tarahorn
Visitor
2 0 2

I'm having the same problem. I saw in an older thread for a different theme that making the image 2048 x 2048px worked, so it seems like it wants square dimensions? I'm going to play around with some square sizes more to see what works best, at that dimension my actual graphic was small inside of the square and a lot of it was cropped out, so it appeared as a banner the way I wanted it, but it seems like full image might not fit right. 

BecciLynn
Visitor
1 0 3

After researching and editing for several hours I finally found this information! 2048x2048 finally worked! Omg I'm exhausted.. lol

fecescajadillo
Visitor
2 0 0

Una pregunta! se ve bien tanto en móvil como en escritorio?

GLS3
Tourist
29 0 2

This size didn't work for me.  I agree exhausting, I've been trying to find a size that fits.  You'd think since we are using a template this sort of thing would be ironed out and we would be told the dimensions to use.  Seem lazy on designer end.

jspearson
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue here. Hopefully someone can help us out. I am also trying to figure out best image banner size on the Dawn 2.0 Theme.

RuthSeascape
Tourist
5 0 3

If you add two square images it shows them side by side to make a rectangle. I only wanted one image so I used the "two squares proportions" and made my banner 1800 px wide and 900 px high. My site isn't public yet but I have added the image so you can see what I mean. 

Seascapestudioart banner.jpg

calbowes
Excursionist
12 0 12

And this works out for you? 

Cal

RuthSeascape
Tourist
5 0 3
Yes
Kaislashlabco
Visitor
2 0 2

This looks great! I'm creating a site for a client but the seems to be a more difficult theme to use for what she's looking for.

prayingmonie
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you! Resizing with this dimension eliminated the blurry appearance once upload onto the site.

tarahorn
Visitor
2 0 2

I've settled on a square 2048px x 2048px for mine. The 1800 x 900 works ok in the desktop view but for my picture doesn't look right on the mobile view as it seems to crop it instead of shrinking. The smaller size I imagine is preferable if it works for your photos.

RuthSeascape
Tourist
5 0 3
Thanks, I’ll check the mobile view of mine before I launch the site

LaurieJA
Visitor
2 0 3

I'm glad and sorry to see I'm not the only one having this problem and I won't expand on my frustration. I did contact support and their suggestion was to "play around" with sizes and cropping. After about 8 hours of that, I came up with a size that fits. It looks fine on mobile but really stupid on desktop, as it fills up the whole screen. My last message to them was to please give me dimensions for a "small" view, since every other site (etsy, facebook, etc.) does give exact dimensions. Anyways, the size I ended up with was 1600x1050. Good luck!

fecescajadillo
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you so much!!! ❤️
LaurieJA
Visitor
2 0 3

Sure! Unfortunately, it ultimately didn't completely DesignViews.jpgsolve the problem and I switched to the "Craft" theme, which I was able to speed through. If you still want to try Dawn, someone in a facebook group sent me the above template. She said no matter what you do, only the center of the image will show on mobile.